Heated Windscreen fuse [Resolved]

T6180

T6 Legend
Morning All

it appears my heated screen isn' working, can some advise where the fuse is or any other checks I can do?

there are no cracks as the screen was replaced a few months back.

Many thanks

There are two separate fuses. One for the LHS and RHS of the screen

Have you used it since the screen was changed ?
It wouldnt be the first time a fitter forgot to plug the wires back in !

Morning All

it appears my heated screen isn' working, can some advise where the fuse is or any other checks I can do?

there are no cracks as the screen was replaced a few months back.

Many thanks
Had mine replaced and I’m sure it’s not doing anything when I press the button. I’d better check the fuse too.

How long does it normally take to defrost a frozen screen? Mine takes ages. And only does the top half. Starting to think it's faulty. This is what it looked like after about 15mins!

IMG_2799.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jonny let me know how you get on and I'll do the same if I solve it
Fuse was fine, took it into VW to sort out a braking issue and asked them to troubleshoot the windscreen. I was told the fitter had plugged the wire into itself, whatever that means. Basically, it wasn’t plugged in. Now works perfect.

Hi I have same problem with heater not working won't download fuse map either, don't suppose anyone knows fuse number off hand??

So I've got this problem too, passengers side is perfect but drivers side is not working.

Checked the fuse and found the blown 30a. Popped a new one in and it blew as soon as I pushed the button.

Could this be a problem with the wiring/connections or does it mean the screen is faulty?

Could be either (although unlikely to be the screen itself) easiest test would be to unplug that side of the screen and see if it blows again, if it does then you know its a wiring fault

Will see if I can get that panel off and see if anything is wrong with the connection there.

Well finally managed to check the windscreen connections and one was unplugged. Thought that must be it so popped a new fuse in and tried it but no luck, it still pops :mad:

Not sure what to try next, hate car electronics!

Right, after having a load of mornings of having to scrape half the screen I finally decided to take that panel off and have a look myself.

Back in May last year when the garage that lowered my van had a look and said there was a loose plug that they plugged in, I then popped a new fuse in and it still blew.

Took the panel off yesterday and some numpty had plugged the wires in wrong, screen to screen and van to van.. no wonder it blew the fuse. I assume the garage guy that plugged in the loose plugs found the two windsceeen ones hanging loose and plugged them together.

Tested it this morning with a frozen screen and it works how it should!!!!

Right, after having a load of mornings of having to scrape half the screen I finally decided to take that panel off and have a look myself.

Back in May last year when the garage that lowered my van had a look and said there was a loose plug that they plugged in, I then popped a new fuse in and it still blew.

Took the panel off yesterday and some numpty had plugged the wires in wrong, screen to screen and van to van.. no wonder it blew the fuse. I assume the garage guy that plugged in the loose plugs found the two windsceeen ones hanging loose and plugged them together.

Tested it this morning with a frozen screen and it works how it should!!!!
Well done for fixing it.

Post some pics if you can.
=)

Back