Health Check ....or Not?

Victor19

T6 Pro
The van ...not me
Got a road trip around France coming up soon so looking for advice

Victor is a 102 Highline 67 plate bought with 8000 miles on clock pre conversion to camper
Bought in Feb now has 12600 drives really sweet not a murmur only message has been re ad blue but still showing 2500 to empty which I will deal with but have no mechanical knowledge , don’t want to touch anything else
Have seen a lot of posts about issues with vw dealers and don’t want to risk creating a problem that might not be there
So would you search for a dealer you can trust and have a check up done or leave alone and drive on.
Thanks

Relax and enjoy.
Dealers there might need reminding that UK vans have a 3 year warranty some countries are 2 years. And of course you are breakdown covered for France

I had an engine management light come on in Spain and the local VW dealer not only dealt with it quickly but also very smoothly.

12K / 1yr is the recommended "first" Oil/Filter change (from brand new)

Then reverts to Long-Life service intervals "Long-Life 18000mls/24mnths" (if its set to longlife)

it might be worth getting the first oil/filter done and a free health check at the same time.?

have a quick look at the MFD (dash display) to see when it says the "oil service" is next due?

(just had my first "oil service" done @ 13K, they didnt bother doing a health check . . . . i know that because i asked them why didnt i get the video emailed to me and they said they dont bother doing a health check on the first oil service . . . . . Slackers!)

• Service Regime One: Fixed Service (Time and Distance) – the first of 12,000 miles or 12 months
    • Recommended if you drive less than 10,000 miles a year
    • You drive your van mainly in town centres / heavy traffic
    • You make frequent short journeys
    • You often use your van for towing or heavily laden
    • Your driving style involves hard acceleration and braking
  • Service Regime Two: Flexible Service (Long Life Service) – the first of 18,000 miles or 24 months
    • Recommended if you drive over 25 miles a day
    • You often use your van for long distance journeys
    • You rarely tow with your van or use it to its maximum load capacity
    • You adopt an economical driving style with minimal engine loading

T6 Service Intervals & Inspection, Flexible & Longlife

Volkswagen Flexible Service Regimes (Longlife) | Volkswagen

12K / 1yr is the recommended "first" Oil/Filter change (from brand new)

Then reverts to Long-Life service intervals "Long-Life 18000mls/24mnths" (if its set to longlife)

it might be worth getting the first oil/filter done and a free health check at the same time.?

have a quick look at the MFD (dash display) to see when it says the "oil service" is next due?

(just had my first "oil service" done @ 13K, they didnt bother doing a health check . . . . i know that because i asked them why didnt i get the video emailed to me and they said they dont bother doing a health check on the first oil service . . . . . Slackers!)

• Service Regime One: Fixed Service (Time and Distance) – the first of 12,000 miles or 12 months
    • Recommended if you drive less than 10,000 miles a year
    • You drive your van mainly in town centres / heavy traffic
    • You make frequent short journeys
    • You often use your van for towing or heavily laden
    • Your driving style involves hard acceleration and braking
  • Service Regime Two: Flexible Service (Long Life Service) – the first of 18,000 miles or 24 months
    • Recommended if you drive over 25 miles a day
    • You often use your van for long distance journeys
    • You rarely tow with your van or use it to its maximum load capacity
    • You adopt an economical driving style with minimal engine loading

T6 Service Intervals & Inspection, Flexible & Longlife

Volkswagen Flexible Service Regimes (Longlife) | Volkswagen

Many thanks for the info , will def check the display for next due oil service and if due soon will ask around for a trusted vw dealer in my area ( North West)

Back