Headlining

Nick-C

T6 Kombi 140bhp DSG
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, looking for some advice for fixing my headlining up in my T6. I am in the process of insulating and carpeting the bus but just can't work out how I am going to fix up the headlining. I am planning a 1 piece 6mm thick plywood with an alcatara lining but I don't want to see any of the fixings. I have tried the hidden type fixings on the door panel and the didn't last more than a week before they started snapping. I want to keep the ability to remove the headlining as and when I need to add cables etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Nick

I am going to try the same set up but I will use the hidden clips from Mega van mats. I have heard goo reviews on these. maybe not so good for doors due to the constant slamming action. i am also going to 3.5mm hard board which will be less stressful on the clips. The only other option is to fix it with screw on the outer perimeter and then mount a perimeter pelmet around 6'' wide, you see this type arrangement on the Exploria site, I just think the hidden clips will look neater. If I have issues then I will mount a pelmet

I am going to try the same set up but I will use the hidden clips from Mega van mats. I have heard goo reviews on these. maybe not so good for doors due to the constant slamming action. i am also going to 3.5mm hard board which will be less stressful on the clips. The only other option is to fix it with screw on the outer perimeter and then mount a perimeter pelmet around 6'' wide, you see this type arrangement on the Exploria site, I just think the hidden clips will look neater. If I have issues then I will mount a pelmet
Hi Sean, are you not worried about the hardboard sagging under the weight of the alcantara and downlighters etc? I have heard about the MVM clips, the ones I used where of EBay and are cheap brittle plastic. Let me know how you get on, possibly some photos when you ave finished it. Cheers

I used some knock-in fixings ,which I put in the existing holes in the roof .
I then marked all the holes off the original hard board on to my ply .
I cut all my spots out and got all the wires in place .
I screwed the ply up and filled the screw heads with filler .
Then glued the headlining up .

1497348410644.jpg

Back