Headlight change - how to?

Pummer67

T6 Pro
sorry. I have read through all the different threads. I’m going to have to do the h4 to h7 conversion. I had a panel van converted and now I really want lights upgrading. I see he headlights on this forum shop. Do I just buy them and fit or is there anything else I need to buy along with them.

Mark

I second Ed's link. I did the conversion this year. I think they look much better than the H4's and they certainly outperform the originals.

sorry. I have read through all the different threads. I’m going to have to do the h4 to h7 conversion. I had a panel van converted and now I really want lights upgrading. I see he headlights on this forum shop. Do I just buy them and fit or is there anything else I need to buy along with them.

Mark

As above, from what I recall they’ll work out of the box
You’ll then want to get them coded - your main beam and dipped beam will not illuminate at the same time (the H4 shares the same unit so this is probably an anti-overheat measure) but this will not stop them working.

As above, from what I recall they’ll work out of the box
You’ll then want to get them coded - your main beam and dipped beam will not illuminate at the same time (the H4 shares the same unit so this is probably an anti-overheat measure) but this will not stop them working.
Thanks all

So how do I get them coded?

OK. I have a 67 plate T6 with H4 headlights

I've bought a pair of H7 headlights and the evenings are getting dark!

Is this an easy swap or can anybody point me in the direction of a utube clip?

Thanks

Find a video on bumper removal. After that its 8 self tappers and 2 wiring plugs.

I did mine on my own, easier if you have an assistant.

I did it and it's easy, I have little mechanical expertise....you can get away with only a partial front bumper removal if you have fog lights, just support it with a couple of bags of compost or similar.

Finally got round to swapping the headlights today - a huge improvement

anybody interested in a pair of H4’s ?

Back