Headlights so dull

Looking to fit hew headlights to my T6 as the standard ones are terrible. What lights would people recommend?

Are these any good are they legal in UK?

Cheers
It says E marked on the blurb so I think that means road legal/will pass an MOT.

Bulb choice seems odd to me - H11 and H1. H1 are tiny and pathetic compared to some others. H11 can be dazzling to oncoming vehicles in the wrong situation but if they are behind a fish eye lens with decent cut off and assuming you get the lights aligned properly after fitting should be OK.

Halogen bulbs are road legal, aftermarket LED bulbs aren’t technically although can anyone tell when behind a fish eye lens?

I bought the Philips GT upgrade (halogen) bulbs which claim to be 150% brighter and they made a big difference to the stock lights. They now claim 200% on the latest version. Have you tried these? Might be enough of an improvement for you and a fraction of the price of new headlight units. If they still aren’t what you’re after you may be able to fit them in another vehicle if you have one or pass them on to friends/family (hopefully in return for some beer at least!).

Think there are threads on here on Genuine LED headlights. My van has factory ones and are awesome in the Dark!

Hi @Loader
What @Lubrown mostly said
(I had the Transporter HQ V1s with H1& H7s)
Vast improvement over std H4s.

I would question @Bigsidavies re fitting LEDs though? I believe ‘Caravelle’ headlights have twin reflector lenses. The aftermarket ones have projector dipped beam lenses, which would hide LEDs.

Note info re ‘e’ marked units on your quoted page and lots more here;

If these are anything like the vantech lights I had previously, which I suspect they are being H11 + H1, then I would steer well clear.

The H11 bulbs lamps are what are used in foglight, so give a huge kick up on the beam, which is awful.
Much better to go for something like the Transporter HQ headlights.

Hi @Loader
What @Lubrown mostly said
(I had the Transporter HQ V1s with H1& H7s)
Vast improvement over std H4s.

I would question @Bigsidavies re fitting LEDs though? I believe ‘Caravelle’ headlights have twin reflector lenses. The aftermarket ones have projector dipped beam lenses, which would hide LEDs.

Note info re ‘e’ marked units on your quoted page and lots more here;

Mmmm, I think you are right on that one. I have H7 but with standard bulbs. I was sure I’d read that an LED bulb would be hidden, but I think I’ve confused it with the likes of the transporter HQ headlights.
I’d edit my post if I could.
Well spotted.

Get on Facebook marketplace, eBay etc. I got lucky and got a pair for £40 last month! I gave him an extra tenner as he kept them for a week until I got up for them
Ahh I have a saved search for Caravelle and shuttle headlights on eBay and every time something new pops up they’re the bloody h4 headlights , suppose I just have to keep checking and keep my fingers crossed!

Reactions: CAB
Keep an eye on here as well:

I`m a new T6 owner and also was so disappointed with the standard lights(candles). I have massively improved mine with the original headlights and a full led swap. My neighbour is an MOT tester and he advised me on doing this and he also tested them in his MOT bay and told me he would definately issue a pass as it will pass his beam test. As far as I can see the problem is the Standard light housing has no projectors so the bulb does the work of the beam pattern. I`ve included some pictures of all the bulbs I`ve fitted and a couple of pictures of the beam pattern thats displayed from the lights. Hope this helps some of you who like me don`t want to pay over £500 for new headlamps.

P.S. I tried one of the sidelight bulbs in the roof map lights and all I can say is they are so bright it was too bright.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 205221.jpgScreenshot 2023-10-31 205321.jpgScreenshot 2023-10-31 205520.jpgIMG_8837.jpegIMG_8838.jpeg

Has anyone tried the Depo headlights from Euro Car Parts? I too am struggling with the H4 ones on my van and can’t find any 2nd hand ones on eBay etc.

Has anyone tried the Depo headlights from Euro Car Parts? I too am struggling with the H4 ones on my van and can’t find any 2nd hand ones on eBay etc.
They should be fine. Just double check the adjusters move freely and reflectors are on properly. Have seen the odd aftermarket headlamp adjusters being stiff to adjust and strip.

I think @teamfly did:

Back