Headlights so dull

I have been trying to get Volkswagen to resolve the poor headlight problems on my T6 as well. I have since tested my and other T6 vehicles and found that the voltage at the H4 halogen light bulb is only 11.1 Volts. The South Africa and European standard is 13.2 Volts. It is estimated that at 11.1 Volts the H4 bulbs only emits 55% of the 100% emitted at 13.2 Volts.

I expect that Volkswagen will have to do an international recall to get the vehicles up to standard. I would suggest that everybody have their vehicle tested and take it up with Volkswagen in your region to get this issue resolved.

I ran into this same issue with my T6 at the beginning. My line of work makes me drive in the wee hours of the day so lighting is very important for safe driving. At the beginning I was also wondering if the lights were on, which they were. I ended up buying a set of aftermarket LED replacements for the H4 bulbs. I invested around 42£. Big improvement!

BUT I get some protest from fellow drivers, mainly when driving in the same direction, not so much from drivers going the opposite direction. Also, every time I use the high beam when the lights are on, the warning light in the MFD goes off. The funny thing is that the warning light doesn't do that if the lights are off when I use the high beam. That's odd. I haven't gone to the dealirship for solutions; usually they have none for several of the issues with my T6. It's up to me to solve them.

Evening,

I have just purchased a T6 startline 2018 for my daughter who is in a wheelchair. We often do a fair bit of evening driving but with the standard headlights the lighting is something to be desired .

Does anyone know if I can replace the bulbs with an alternative? The standard bulbs I have are covered with a mesh type grill which seems to cut out half the light!

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks .

Hi guys,
In new to all this but here it goes!! I've a t6 but the headlights are awful driving at night, dip and full beam you can't see a thing. Have you guys got any advice on a bulb upgrade please I'd be most grateful?? I'm not very good on the spanners but can fix houses they are a lot simpler!!!

Welcome to the group.
Always plenty going on with the H4 lights and how poor they are on here!!
If you do a search you will find lots of advice to help, here’s the first:-
The H4 lights will always be poor whatever bulbs you put in them!

Welcome to the group.
Always plenty going on with the H4 lights and how poor they are on here!!
If you do a search you will find lots of advice to help, here’s the first:-
The H4 lights will always be poor whatever bulbs you put in them!
Thanks Dapron they are prittp awful I'll read up a bit with some help from you guys hopefully I can get them a little better!!

Haha I think your write!! Just been having a read up I think it's the only way to go. Any suggestions on where to look for replacement lights or upgrade??

eBay seems be the place for caravelle lights .... why are there so many being sold on there?

I've just had a look matey found some for about £300 I take it that they are a straight swap even a chippy could change that??

If you can't afford new units, I recommend Osram Nightbreakers. About £20 or previously I had Phillips 130+ something or other. They are a massive improvement on the original H4 bulbs.

Amazing thank you scruffy I'll get some on order new or second hand are out of my budget at the moment!!

Back