Headlights Are Awful

Chippie

Hi guys,
In new to all this but here it goes!! I've a t6 but the headlights are awful driving at night, dip and full beam you can't see a thing. Have you guys got any advice on a bulb upgrade please I'd be most grateful?? I'm not very good on the spanners but can fix houses they are a lot simpler!!!

Depron Donkey

140 DSG Kombi Red, 150 DSG Kombi Bamboo Green
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Welcome to the group.
Always plenty going on with the H4 lights and how poor they are on here!!
If you do a search you will find lots of advice to help, here’s the first:-
The H4 lights will always be poor whatever bulbs you put in them!

Loz

California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17
VCDS User
Admin
VIP Member
***Title changed to improve search***

Chippie

Welcome to the group.
Always plenty going on with the H4 lights and how poor they are on here!!
If you do a search you will find lots of advice to help, here’s the first:-
The H4 lights will always be poor whatever bulbs you put in them!
Thanks Dapron they are prittp awful I'll read up a bit with some help from you guys hopefully I can get them a little better!!

Depron Donkey

140 DSG Kombi Red, 150 DSG Kombi Bamboo Green
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Genuine Caravelle H7 lights or THQ/Travelinlites Projector conversion are really the only way to go from H4.

Chippie

Haha I think your write!! Just been having a read up I think it's the only way to go. Any suggestions on where to look for replacement lights or upgrade??

Murdoch

T6 Guru
eBay seems be the place for caravelle lights .... why are there so many being sold on there?

Chippie

I've just had a look matey found some for about £300 I take it that they are a straight swap even a chippy could change that??

Scruffy

T6 Guru
If you can't afford new units, I recommend Osram Nightbreakers. About £20 or previously I had Phillips 130+ something or other. They are a massive improvement on the original H4 bulbs.

Chippie

Amazing thank you scruffy I'll get some on order new or second hand are out of my budget at the moment!!

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Legend
@PukkaT6 needs led eyeballs judging by the scrapes has had on his van recently...
That was normally my line, but I think he'd been on the gin last night, and was looking for a fight. Anyone that has a colour scheme like his, has bigger balls than me, so I wasn't poking that bear.

Loz

California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17
VCDS User
Admin
VIP Member
That was normally my line, but I think he'd been on the gin last night, and was looking for a fight. Anyone that has a colour scheme like his, has bigger balls than me, so I wasn't poking that bear.
Yes there were a few posts added to many threads late last night..

superflyguy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Bit drastic but I've mothballed the van for the winter and bought a mini for running around in :thumbsup: