Head units

hoof

please can anyone assist. I have a new T32 4 motion on its way from Germany and ordered it wit composition media with app connect. trouble is I may need to replace this as the mods I have planned to the interia may not be compatible. Will I be able to sell this head unit to recover some of the cost or am I going to have to re think my plans?

Not transferrable, the comp media unit is tied to your vin

They are security paired with the instrument cluster using a system VW call component protection.
There is a way to get past it but its complicated and involves opening and modifying the headunit circuitry and installing a filter to block out the CP signals on the canbus circuit, the cost would far outweigh the value

that's like a kick in the teeth.... I own it so should be able to use it where I please... I understand it's a security measure but none the less I should be given the code...
I'm sure a member on here has been mentioned

Can you tell us what modifications you are making that are not compatible with a factory head unit that you decided to spec up above standard? Call me suspicious but there have been a series of similar posts all asking the same thing with slightly different wording and vague reasons for why this needs doing

yes no problem. I want tv tuner in front and drop down DVD media player in the rear with option to surround sound I'm told that's not possible on my head unit... it was a late addition from me to vw and too late to cancel which is why I am gutted... nothing more sinister than that I'm afraid no film script here

yes no problem. I want tv tuner in front and drop down DVD media player in the rear with option to surround sound I'm told that's not possible on my head unit... it was a late addition from me to vw and too late to cancel which is why I am gutted... nothing more sinister than that I'm afraid no film script here
I wonder if you could find a tv/dvd system that supports Bluetooth A2Dp and pair it with the head unit for audio?

On another thought though.... DVD? really?

Can't remember the last time I played a DVD anywhere if you don't include blurays. Ripping everything to an iPad is the way to go. Can still have surround sound too.

the screen is more for kids to have ps4 capability if I'm honest . but want tv tuner on front ....

Maybe just dumb screens in the back and a head unit like the alpine that can run a different video output to each of the front and back. Just think that any sort of physical media player is going to be a white elephant in a very short timescale

:mexican wave:
the screen is more for kids to have ps4 capability if I'm honest . but want tv tuner on front ....
Hoof just been on live chat VW and they have just told me that my van has been built and has gone to port awaiting a shipping to Grimsby YEAH

yeah it's the alpine I looking at but it's £1100 and I paid for composition media and app connect so was hoping I could sell that to help with the hit.

My tv tuner was 40quid and I watch it on the ipad see August eye tv and the ipad is Bluetooth to my media unit, all my movies are on plex and I can watch them on the ipad, and it has lots of games... 2 ipads for the cost of a kenwood?

My tv tuner was 40quid and I watch it on the ipad see August eye tv and the ipad is Bluetooth to my media unit, all my movies are on plex and I can watch them on the ipad, and it has lots of games... 2 ipads for the cost of a kenwood?

Sod that. Two Kindle Fires for £70 quid, and a Kingston wifi hard drive, another £35 quid. Sorted.

Back