Hazard warning lights stuck on

BobGeldof

Hi Guys

found this place by necessity ,but looking forward to many posts and having a good deep read through the content .

anyways , I have converted a 2016 T6 . I noticed before I brought the van into the shed that the hazard warning lights were coming on by them
self's but didn't pass any heed and thought maybe it was just a low battery as the van was sitting up for a few months while I finished another van,

Anyways , I've just connected the battery again after it being disconnected for 2/3 months . the battery was on a charger so I don't think this is problem.

But now the hazard warning lights are stuck on , and there is a symbol for bulb change on the dash.

Hoping this is a common issue but I did a search and couldn't see anything about it on the forum.

Always , hope someone knows how this can be fixed.

Cheers.

Try a ECU reset first.

The BCM might be confused after the battery disconnect.

Thanks guys

So I tried the factory reset , no joy on that front .

I took the hazard warning light out to see if that was the problem but no good either.

What would be the next step?

thanks again for your help .

Got a video clip of what happening?

Take a vid on your phone. Then post a link to it.

Or drop it on YouTube or other...

Hazards controlled via BCM.

Hazard switch is an input to BCM.

Indicators are an output from BCM.

Speaker sounds are an output from BCM.

I'd also scan for fault codes.

With Carista or OBD11, vcds etc.

I'd also scan for fault codes.

With Carista or OBD11, vcds etc.
Does this mean the BCM is faulty?

In terms of a video , there isn't much to show . I plug put on the negative terminal on the battery and the hazards start flashing at the rate they would if normally activated with the switch and nothing will turn them off.

My friend is on the way over with a OBD11 machine now , is there anything in particular we'd be looking out for?

Thanks again for your fast replys!

Does this mean the BCM is faulty?

In terms of a video , there isn't much to show . I plug put on the negative terminal on the battery and the hazards start flashing at the rate they would if normally activated with the switch and nothing will turn them off.

My friend is on the way over with a OBD11 machine now , is there anything in particular we'd be looking out for?

Thanks again for your fast replys!
Pull the hazard warning switch out of the dash & disconnect the wires, se if it stops. Could be a faulty switch.

Thanks guys

So I tried the factory reset , no joy on that front .

I took the hazard warning light out to see if that was the problem but no good either.

What would be the next step?

thanks again for your help .
Have you got any door lights wired in to door lock GND signal?

Do a full scan and post the results here....

Does the hazard switch flash with the lights?

Does the dash indicators flash?

What happens when you toggle the hazard button?

Do a full scan and post the results here....

Does the hazard switch flash with the lights?

Does the dash indicators flash?

What happens when you toggle the hazard button?
so his obd set up wont read the T6 properly

He did a scan anyways using T5.1 .

only things to note are - horn , L and R turn signals ect all show as being activated when pushed.

however the hazard warning switch does not show anything when pushed.

to answer your above questions -

yes the switch is flashing

yes the dash lights are flashing

when I toggle the hazard warning light nothing happens .

One other thing to note , and its after giving me a serious pain in my head is that the change bulb light is on the dash but all bulbs are ok . I removed the rear interior lights when i was lining the van. I have a bad feeling this has triggered this light on the dash. the ceiling is bonded in!!! :oops:

Normally I pull these lights out with out any problems, this is my first transporter to convert and thought it would be the same .

Back