Haynes Manuals

Tappers

So I’m starting to get more confidence with my tinkering and was thinking about getting myself a Haynes manual, but you can’t get a T6 one yet.

Just how similar/different is the T5? This may be a really dumb question, but I guess a T5 manual would give me more insight than no manual at all??

You are a vip member so download the real thing.

There are many sections of the workshop manual available.

apologies for hijacking your thread but I too need a transporter T6 haynes manual or similar that will cover electrical diagrams . I have googled them and there is a few downloads available but not knowing what I will be getting and giving my payment details to a unknown puts me off. I can join the vip area will the downloads give me the info I need . thanks

Depends what info you are after, there is no complete manual of everything as it would be huge instead we put up sections/pieces of info as appropriate and add to it as members request it

its a t28 startline 1968cc
They are all 2L but there are 4 versions of power and 2 engine designs.
Take a photo of the label stuck under the dash below the steering column and post it here.

Slightly off topic, but still Haynes related.

I spent a day with Lindsay Porter, the author of the famous Haynes manuals a few years ago at his home. I was asked to do some work to two of his own Caravans, and this was then featured in Caravan magazine. He's a lovely chap, and it was quite humbling to spend some time with such an iconic author of my generation, when the Haynes manual was the tinker/petrol-heads bible. I suspect like many of you in here, my Dad got me my first Haynes manual and it was for the original Mini that I owned when I turned 16. I have fond memories of stripping down carburettors and brakes, changing my first head gasket, and even a full engine swap on that old Mini with my Dad.
Lindsay Porter published a Caravan Haynes manual several years ago, and my business was also part of this, in the 'improve the exterior' section. This time it was my hands in the photos, and not Lindsay's covered in oil hands doing the 'how to' parts that we all remember.

I sound my age now, but tinkering genuinely was far more fun back then. A load of old tools that you had handed down to you, and a tatty Haynes manual covered in oil finger prints :thumbsup:

Wow, i've just searched my MacBook and found it hidden in an old email from 2009.
Although hard to upload as a picture of the feature because it was in a PDF attachment and most of what's written is totally obsolete in my work now, this is how I got started in my industry. A big part of my success is down to the Haynes work I did.

Screenshot 2019-12-30 at 08.28.39.png

It's a shame the quality of the books is not the same
The one I purchased for my astra a few years ago was all thin and looked like it was printed on recycled paper
The step by steps are still spot on

They are all 2L but there are 4 versions of power and 2 engine designs.
Take a photo of the label stuck under the dash below the steering column and post it here.
guessing you want this one ,info on the engine would be good as I am looking to get it remapped first thing they will ask is what engine is it . thanks for your help

IMG_20191230_130924.jpg

Hi
I'm looking to find drawings of the aircon layout and p/n. I seen Adam_t6 thread which is great but want to have a drawing to tick off the parts as I collect them.
Thanks for any help with this.
Paul

Back