Having time to detail your own

That looks great, I like grey when it's that shiny.
I suspect that a lot of us really enjoy polishing, waxing and fettling our T6's, (especially since many of us have more time on our hands than we need).
It may be different for somebody who spends so much time detailing vehicles for a living, but it's a great advert for what you do.

How does paint thickness compare to a VW group car? There is a view that commercial vehicles have less paint on them?

That looks great, I like grey when it's that shiny.
I suspect that a lot of us really enjoy polishing, waxing and fettling our T6's, (especially since many of us have more time on our hands than we need).
It may be different for somebody who spends so much time detailing vehicles for a living, but it's a great advert for what you do.
Thanks Dave, it’s a job I’ve been wanting to do for a while, just not had the space of time. I love grey too, not going mad on it but getting some great gloss levels!
Always happy to offer advice and tips, if anyone needs help? Stay safe!

Hi What polish did you use and type of polisher?
Mainly doing a single stage machine polish, so using Koch Chemie F5 with GYEON red eccentric cutting pads. On the localised two stage areas, I’m using Koch Chemie F8 with Meguiars Microfibre cutting pad, then refining with KC F8 and GYEON Red. Both stages are being machined with Rupes DA polishes (big foot LHR75E with 80mm pads, LHR15ES with 145mm pads and irbid nano with 40mm pads). Hope this helps?

Mainly doing a single stage machine polish, so using Koch Chemie F5 with GYEON red eccentric cutting pads. On the localised two stage areas, I’m using Koch Chemie F8 with Meguiars Microfibre cutting pad, then refining with KC F8 and GYEON Red. Both stages are being machined with Rupes DA polishes (big foot LHR75E with 80mm pads, LHR15ES with 145mm pads and irbid nano with 40mm pads). Hope this helps?
Thanks that good info. Would be great if you could do a detail it yourself thread. I understand if you would rather not do it for business reasons.

No at all, would be happy to do that...maybe easier if I do a video??
Whichever you feel would be better I’m sure lots of people would be happy about this. A thread would help me for instance as I bought a DA polisher but really need pads which you could put links in to what you use/supply etc.

Whichever you feel would be better I’m sure lots of people would be happy about this. A thread would help me for instance as I bought a DA polisher but really need pads which you could put links in to what you use/supply etc.
Yep I can do that no problem, I’ll try to do it over the weekend. I’ll make it fairly general to cover different types of paint, not just VAG specific. However, feel free to pm me if you want to go into more detail and where to purchase stuff from etc

Hi Yes thanks, Have got a Bigfoot LHR15ES but i use the Rupes yellow pads with Meguiars polish how often would you I recommend it to be done9D5D94D8-0D8B-47B1-9832-C266C88EFA3F.jpeg

So far its just Meguiars premium wax but i am probably going to ceramic coat it, I have just purchased some ceramic coating to do the wheels this weekend but now its raining

So far its just Meguiars premium wax but i am probably going to ceramic coat it, I have just purchased some ceramic coating to do the wheels this weekend but now its raining
What did you buy? Is it difficult to do?

What did you buy? Is it difficult to do?
I bought the auto finesse one did want to get the dodo juice - not done them before but as i have diamond cut wheels i need to perfect them, I plan to take each wheel off and wash them with some wheel soap them dry with my warm air drier wipe with some panel wipe then just follow the instructions - once done i will post some pictures

Yep I can do that no problem, I’ll try to do it over the weekend. I’ll make it fairly general to cover different types of paint, not just VAG specific. However, feel free to pm me if you want to go into more detail and where to purchase stuff from etc
I'd really be interested in this, on forced holiday and just about to invest in a DA polisher!

Back