Have I installed my window incorrectly?

Hi guys,

Essentially I just need some peace of mind.. I've installed my camper windows both sides and rears. I cut all four holes out first and then carpet lined inside. However, I carpet lined over both skins and about 10-15mm on the outer skin all the way round the window holes. Installed the windows correctly with primer etc and no leaks. Is this OK or will the carpet affect the windows bond in anyway?

I realised afterwards that when people don't use edge trim they dont go over both skins and on the outside of the van they jist line it over both skins to the edge and not over? Or have I done it right? So confused!

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

Essentially I just need some peace of mind.. I've installed my camper windows both sides and rears. I cut all four holes out first and then carpet lined inside. However, I carpet lined over both skins and about 10-15mm on the outer skin all the way round the window holes. Installed the windows correctly with primer etc and no leaks. Is this OK or will the carpet affect the windows bond in anyway?

I realised afterwards that when people don't use edge trim they dont go over both skins and on the outside of the van they jist line it over both skins to the edge and not over? Or have I done it right? So confused!

Thanks in advance!
That’s how it should be done.

The one thing that has happened is the adhesive on one window has protruded out the side a little. This is on the outside of the van. Any advice on the best way to remove? I thought to leave it to dry first as trying ti gey rid of it while wet will make more of a mess. Thinking to cut out with Stanley blade carefully and then hopefully some form of cleaning product?

Back