Has the t6 got over light steering?

I think it might be; AFAIK only the Caravelle Exec has variable weight steering.
;), that'll me then. Just picked up a loan VW Shuttle today LWB with 235/55/17 tyres, so I can compare a bit. The Vel Exec's is better, and combined with dcc the weight of steering alters, as it does with speed. Having said that, I am really impressed with this loaner; manual; one red I low spec bus. It drives fine. I do think the tyre pressure is very relevant as is the make/model of tyre. An unladen T6 just does want or need the higher tyre pressures that a loaded van needs.
Oh an just another thing, the T6 is a far better van a Merc Vito...........imo;), they don't rust to start with; and you see so many older VW T4/T5 etc on the road; for a Merc it is life over at around 12 years. VW's are just better built, not problem free, just better built.:thumbsup:

I hear you @chriscroft, they are just better built. I've had T5, Vito, car, T6. There was no way of getting another Merc. The new one is a nice bit of kit, and is a very nice drive straight out of the box, but they still rust! they really do! there again the sliding windows in the VW still leak, so.....buggered if I know.

I hear you @chriscroft, they are just better built. I've had T5, Vito, car, T6. There was no way of getting another Merc. The new one is a nice bit of kit, and is a very nice drive straight out of the box, but they still rust! they really do! there again the sliding windows in the VW still leak, so.....buggered if I know.
I'll take a leaky window over a rusty chassis any day

Im going to put this right out there, the DSG is as good as her BMW auto, saying its not a proper auto is rubbish.

Im going to put this right out there, the DSG is as good as her BMW auto, saying its not a proper auto is rubbish.

Actually it isn't but that can be viewed as good or bad. It's a dual clutch semi auto; so it has both manual and auto elements to it.
I personally don't like it but plenty do; her BM (and mine) have the 8 speed ZF automatic; no clutch plates at all. IMO it's leagues ahead of DSG; incredibly fast, very "intelligent" and it lets you take near full control with paddles.

I have noticed a few VAG group fast cars have changed from DSG to this type of box; same with Merc too.

I like fully manual or fully auto; halfway house doesn't do it for me.

Im going to put this right out there, the DSG is as good as her BMW auto
Says someone who knows nothing about gearboxes. For gods sake if you don't know what you are talking about shut up and say nothing ok. For my needs I am now looking at a ford galaxy, I don't like fords and they also use the DSG gearbox but that steering on the VW is just over light with know feedback at all. Yes I know I may get use to it, but I will be jumping out of one car into other and the VW is just ok for around town driving but not for me. I have spoken to a tire shop and they don't think that swapping tires will do much and they drive vw vans. so its goodbye from me, and its not her, its Wendy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to put this right out there, the DSG is as good as her BMW auto, Says someone who knows nothing about gearboxes. For gods sake if you don't know what you are talking about shut up and say nothing ok. For my needs I am now looking at a ford galaxy, I don't like fords and they also use the DSG gearbox but that steering on the VW is just over light with know feedback at all. Yes I know I may get use to it, but I will be jumping out of one car into other and the VW is just ok for around town driving but not for me. I have spoken to a tire shop and they don't think that swapping tires will do much and they drive vw vans. so its goodbye from me, and its not her, its Wendy.
No (not "know") need to be rude!

Back