Has anyone removed DCC to get lower suspension? Thoughts??

DC.

T6 Pro
So I've got DCC and I would like to go lower on my suspension. I appreciate I can have a 50mm spring drop and DCC is fine (all be it the warranty wouldn't be).... but I would like to go lower!!

Has anyone removed DCC from their van in order to get more lows? How did you find it???

I can't help but wonder if I would be removing superior technology JUST to get lower, but I'm not particularly knowledgeable in this area!!!

What are people's experiences or thoughts on this?

Many thanks for your time

Last edited:
I think I've just read this on another thread?
Yeh it kinda is but thought I'd punt it out here under its own heading to catch peoples eye and to gauge people's opinions......going on the presumption that not everyone has read the other thread!!!!

Good stuff thought I'd been blessed with second sight maybe I should try the lottery tonight!

If it were me and seriously considering this i think i would speak to dealer and see what they say in terms of disabling it and effect on warranty etc

Reactions: DC.
Just had this reply from Demon Tweeks, thought I'd post it up as might help anyone interested

IMG_8455.PNG

KW are imo some of the very best aftermarket suspension systems, and the the next level up from Bilstein. If you look on the MTM web site they list them as an option for the there £100,000+ VW transporter rocket ships. So I wouldn't hesitate recommending them, by reputation. My understanding is that KW are offering a DCC system for a van that didnot have factory fit DCC, i.e aftermarket DCC. Not sure what the advantages are of removing VW DCC and Fitting KW's DCC kit. If KW are not using the can-bus connection, how are they going to calculate the 1000 times per second stiffness/compression/damping and link all 4 shockers together for an 4 channel integrated approach. But it looks like they also do a straight KW coil over, and just ditch the DCC bit.
Might be worth you driving a Coil Over, prior to ditching the DCC. I think Bognor mention he preferred the coil over to DCC, but I absolutely love the DCC.
Volkswagen DCC Adaptive Chassis Control – Design and Function
This above gives you an idea of how advanced the system is. I am guessing that if the KW system does not link into the can-bus, it may be inferior.:confused:.
Probably an email direct to KW will get straight to the crux of the issue; in understanding the pro's and con's.

Last edited:
ah interesting site! Yeh, just seen that and about to reply to you that they are 45mm max......so yeh its looking like the most sensible thing is 50mm springs and save up for air, by which time the warranty will be over anyway haha!
Good Idea:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Hi Guys. I just bought and put the Twin MonoTube on mine Multivan T6 2107 with DCC. I love it :) The 3 settings with the std DCC, is incredible. From comfort to sport, its a totaly different ride!
I have also own a couble of transporterts, with B14 , but they cannot compare to the Twin Mono!!

Cool,
Just to confirm...
So your van had DCC as factory fit from VW, with the standard 20mm suspension drop tied in with Multivan Highline/Caravelle Execs (UK-spec)
And you've now changed the springs and shocks; for lower springs, and new shocks with DCC?
How much lower are your new springs?

Jup, Dcc factory fit. I purchased the Project twin monotube coilover with Dcc. I have not messured, but it looks great, a little to low at the rear now, but i’m able to adjust all the treads up. i think my car had no std 20 mm lower spring, i was way to high but that’s history now. I will post picture next wee, as i have it for Satin dark grey wrapping

ah interesting site! Yeh, just seen that and about to reply to you that they are 45mm max......so yeh its looking like the most sensible thing is 50mm springs and save up for air, by which time the warranty will be over anyway haha!
They will go down more than that, that's the limits they quote for TUV certification... :thumbsup:

We supply the DCC cancellation kit as a stand alone part for approx. 280 quid ,,you can then fit anything you like to the van and no faults will appear .

It seems KW do a DCC kit with upto 65mm lowering also

https://www.kwsuspensions.co.uk/sho...150KW_1968ccm_xbU*nrmgkYhNMxrmmgwjJw../58/DDC

kw_coilover_kit_ddc_-_plug___play_39080043_1_2.jpg

We’ve removed a couple of factory DCC kits to replace with B14’s. We’ve also fitted the factory eibach springs to the DCC kit to retain warranty. The Bilstein rode better, in both situations.

We can fit a KW delete kit to your system so it doesn’t throw up any codes.

The fact you now can’t order DCC on your T6 due to lack of take up by customers, means this option will become less and less anyway. I’ve always found each setting to be ok, non of them excel.

I’ve also removed the magride on my RS3 as well in favour of KW V3’s

We’ve removed a couple of factory DCC kits to replace with B14’s. We’ve also fitted the factory eibach springs to the DCC kit to retain warranty. The Bilstein rode better, in both situations.

We can fit a KW delete kit to your system so it doesn’t throw up any codes.

The fact you now can’t order DCC on your T6 due to lack of take up by customers, means this option will become less and less anyway. I’ve always found each setting to be ok, non of them excel.

I’ve also removed the magride on my RS3 as well in favour of KW V3’s

I've just looked on the configurator for for a T6.1 Vel Exec:

Equipment details
Driving profile selection "Drive Select" and Adaptive Chassis Control DCC with dynamic chassis
Price incl. VAT £ 1,170 Price incl. VAT £ 1,170 ,

• Adaptive chassis control with continuous operation

• Suspension/shock absorp. (closed-loop)

Do you think the config is wrong?

Back