Has anyone removed DCC to get lower suspension? Thoughts??

It has been known :)

They dropped it about 18 months ago, as we couldn’t order it on our present Executive. Suppose we will have to wait and see how accurate the configurator is as there are always issues with it.

They’ve dropped the sunroof now as well, which I’m very disappointed about.

Shame about the sun roof; we have one, and whilst it's only small, it bring loads of light into the cabin, and because we have dogs on board, its great when we park up with the boot open to get a flow through of air.

When we moved from a T5 Vel to an all-boxes ticked T6 Vel, the largest difference for us was the suspension. The T5 Vel with the factory 30mm drop was blood awful (comfort wise) on all but the smoothest roads, though it did corner very well and flat.
When we got the T6, my choice was "comfort" on the DCC; the Mrs chose "Sport", but she is a faster driver than me; and I think given that she had driven most of 180K miles in the T5, she was just used to a very firm ride (ooo, errr).
Over the last 3 years she has moved from sport to normal; and now from normal to comfort; and she still drives as fast, I think there is a mental link between good comfort and not handling well; Which with DCC you can have both as the suspension automatically tightens when it needs to.
I think its was top gear who tested a Golf "GTI or R" around a test circuit and the golf lapped faster in comfort than sport???, a bit counter intuitive.
So I get why an enthusiastic driver might prefer a very firm chassis, because well, historically they always have; but for most people DCC is pretty bloody good; and most high end cars/suv's now seem to have some form of it.
And I guess the people who have have DCC removed from a T6 either want to go lower than the factory 20mm drop; or just love the purist stiff chassis experience. But now you can get a 65mm drop with the KW-DCC system and retain all the benefits of DCC; and probably the KW will offer a more high performance (stiffer) ride experience if you select "Sport"

Common on Oli; order a T6.1 Vel Exec with DCC (if you can) and fit the KW DCC; that is one review I would love to read.........:):):)
and whilst you're at it throw in all the Revo goodies:thumbsup:

Our T6.1 Exec order will be going in shortly, will advise on spec when we know :)

On the KW front we are starting to fit more of their kits - watch this space for other suspension options available in the future.

Just got a call back form VW, as above the DCC has been re-introduced on the Caravelle Executive only.

I wish VW would make their mind up on options.......still no sunroof though :-(

My experience with the Golf GTI driver academy at Kyalami race track was that identical cars with all the mod cons and driver aids were faster around a lap with all the electronics tuned OFF . Most of these electronic gadgets are designed for less skilled drivers to be able to push the cars safely in my opinion ,.. Its why modern cars are designed to understeer rather than oversteer , Its a safer scenario for less able drivers .

Back