T6.1 door card removal

Scruffy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I've become quite the expert on removing the door card on my T6 , but has anyone done the same to a T6.1? I'm sure they have. So what are the differences? where are the important clips etc?

I've become quite the expert on removing the door card on my T6 , but has anyone done the same to a T6.1? I'm sure they have. So what are the differences? where are the important clips etc?
It's pretty much identical, except the plastic clips that break are slightly different.

The clips? are they different clips or different locations?

I'm awaiting the arrival of my new T6.1 and planning the work on it, and planning what I can and can't do on it myself, this includes fitting new door speakers and sound deadening the door.

The clips? are they different clips or different locations?

I'm awaiting the arrival of my new T6.1 and planning the work on it, and planning what I can and can't do on it myself, this includes fitting new door speakers and sound deadening the door.
Clips are same locations. If you can take a T6 card off you can do the T6.1 Th part of the door that the speaker mounts to is now plastic not steel. And its a nightmare to sound deaden as there are no flat surfaces. Also there doesnt seem to be as much room for foam as in the T6. I need to take my drivers door card off at some point but it wont be this weekend. Not sure how long you can wait for photos.

Thanks, I’ve got this job coming up imminently…

Coming back to this thread ( as it’s a job for the next few days) the clips are mentioned as being different. In what way? And where can I order new ones from?

Coming back to this thread ( as it’s a job for the next few days) the clips are mentioned as being different. In what way? And where can I order new ones from?
Different, as in not the same ;) . I got mine from the dealers I think, they are surprisingly cheap.

Can anyone tell me to take off t6.1 door cards are they exactly like the t6 as I can’t find it on YouTube

yes, couple screws under handle, one screw in the middle and the two plastic twister things at the bottom then theres the standard 3 pop clips up each side
Just buy a few spare clips before you start as you always break at least a couple !

yes, couple screws under handle, one screw in the middle and the two plastic twister things at the bottom then theres the standard 3 pop clips up each side
Just buy a few spare clips before you start as you always break at least a couple !
Thx pauly gonna try fitting these puddle lights hopefully Sunday

I found a top tip is when refitting the panel, don't just align up the clips with the holes and push / tap the door trim as the tips if the clips can prematurely compress and break. Offer up the trim, let the tip of the clip start to go in the hole then using a trim remover tool ( a 2 prong tool) gently push the clip into the hole so that the white end clicks in. Fiddle but I've never broken a clip...yet :thumbsup:

I found a top tip is when refitting the panel, don't just align up the clips with the holes and push / tap the door trim as the tips if the clips can prematurely compress and break. Offer up the trim, let the tip of the clip start to go in the hole then using a trim remover tool ( a 2 prong tool) gently push the clip into the hole so that the white end clicks in. Fiddle but I've never broken a clip...yet :thumbsup:
You may have just made my day, great idea thanks!

Back