Kombi 3rd Row - single seats?

vwski

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

Has anyone fitted 2 middle seats (the individual ones with seat belts) into row 3? If so, do you mind sharing photos and any feedback please?
I'm trying to work out my new seating configuration (I currently have a 2+1 factory Kombi) and up until now I was thinking of adding a triple bench in row 3 but I think I'm changing my mind yet again and now considering this setup. Frustratingly I picked up a great looking triple bench seat this afternoon and now I might need to get rid :rolleyes: Oh well:confused:
Hopefully someone has some images so I can see how it looks / works in reality.
TIA :)

I know I've seen it done by @BognorMotors from what I remember it was easily doable.
Thanks. I actually spoke with Oli on Friday evening about various seating options (he's a very patient man! Sorry Oli :whistle: ) but they need to be squeezed in and modified because of the limited space between the arches. I'm trying to find images so I can see how they look before deciding.

On a LWB its is no problem. On a swb or a van with a rear heater, space is limited and the outer plastics need to be modified to fit

On a LWB its is no problem. On a swb or a van with a rear heater, space is limited and the outer plastics need to be modified to fit
Any shots of what the plastics look like after being altered Oli? Just wondering if the alterations are obvious when you see the seats individually

Hi,
I currently have a t6.1 kombi with a fixed triple seat in the 2nd row.
I’m now after an extra seat in the third row but don’t have access from the sliding door as the triple seat is fixed! Anyone know if it’s ok to fit a single seat in the third row ( a seat with a belt already fitted to it) and get access to that seat from the tailgate?
I can’t think of another easier was of getting one more seat!

I think its easy enough to fit the floor brackets in the 3rd row and while it's not ideal to get to it from the tailgate, I can't see a problem as such?

It’s the only option I can think of other than selling the triple bench I have and buying a 2+1 and the extra seat not to mention loads more floor brackets etc !
Can anyone recommend anywhere to buy a single seat with belt attached?

It’s the only option I can think of other than selling the triple bench I have and buying a 2+1 and the extra seat not to mention loads more floor brackets etc !
Can anyone recommend anywhere to buy a single seat with belt attached?
I think that Kombi second row 1+1+1 seats have a fixed seatbelt for the middle seat.

A quick check on eBay found a few. That's where this image is from.
Screenshot_20211103-183714.png
As with all factory parts that are swapped out or removed for a conversion, check with convertors first for a possible better price, condition and more reliable sale.

Hope this was of help.

Oh fab, thank you for your help, that’s the seat I was thinking of, just one in the third row should work perfectly for the occasional extra person in the van and be able to Chuck it in the garage when not needed. Any other places you recommend other than eBay to look?

I have a single seat available,I bought 1+1+1 but I’m only using 2 of them,the one directly behind the driver is available so I don’t think it has seatbelt attached,nor do I have brackets but you could have it for £50 then buy the other bits

Manchester area,cheers

Oh fab, thank you for your help, that’s the seat I was thinking of, just one in the third row should work perfectly for the occasional extra person in the van and be able to Chuck it in the garage when not needed. Any other places you recommend other than eBay to look?
Try a wanted post in the Wanted/For Sale thread and you may get lucky. There's also the Review a Business thread that is useful to see what traders that frequent here are worth dealing with and who may sell parts.

Not 100% on who to suggest for businesses other than Bognor Motors who I am getting a triple bench supplied and fitted by. The only issue you may face is that some may not want to split a full set of 1+1+1 and I believe the middle one with the seatbelt is the most desirable.

Good luck on your hunt.

I have a single seat available,I bought 1+1+1 but I’m only using 2 of them,the one directly behind the driver is available so I don’t think it has seatbelt attached,nor do I have brackets but you could have it for £50 then buy the other bits

Manchester area,cheers
Thanks for your offer Dan but I really would like one with a belt on the seat so I don’t have to have a seatbelt hanging in front of the rear window.

Try a wanted post in the Wanted/For Sale thread and you may get lucky. There's also the Review a Business thread that is useful to see what traders that frequent here are worth dealing with and who may sell parts.

Not 100% on who to suggest for businesses other than Bognor Motors who I am getting a triple bench supplied and fitted by. The only issue you may face is that some may not want to split a full set of 1+1+1 and I believe the middle one with the seatbelt is the most desirable.

Good luck on your hunt.
I will do that , thank you, fingers crossed I can locate one !

Cant fault the practicalities but I reckon I'd feel a right Billy no mates sat back there on me own!

Back