Has anyone got pics of a battered wheel arch?

Garny999

T6 Guru
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any pics of their wheel arches that have been squashed down to accommodate their Cali seat. At the moment I can lift the bum seat to slide back but would prefer to do this without lifting. Any help as always is appreciated.

Think it’s more normal to modify the seat not the wheelarch

Think it’s more normal to modify the seat not the wheelarch
Thanks @Pauly . Yeah, I will look at the seat mod instead. I did here of people slightly adjusting the arch but it does sound a little drastic. I have already angle grinded the base but the seat pad still hits the arch unless I lift it slightly.

I've flattened mine a bit. Helps my reimo slide to the far left. Pics:

IMG_20200606_084441.jpgIMG_20200606_084431.jpgIMG_20200606_084355.jpg

Thank you @Ann3x . A great help and looks like the sort of distance I need. I will have a look at the seat first but may have to flatten a little. Thanks for the pics :thumbsup:
It's probably about 0.7-1cm flattened. I found that just hitting it with a lump hammer wasn't the best way (looked really uneven), so I got some flat wood and hit that which took some time but eventually worked well. Doesn't look as pretty as stock but definitely not too bad.

It got me around 5cm extra lateral space I think which allowed me to fit a bigger fridge whilst maintaining full slide on my rails - so well worth it imo.

Check your seat can slide across enough before doing, mines a variotech 3000.

Good luck

It's probably about 0.7-1cm flattened. I found that just hitting it with a lump hammer wasn't the best way (looked really uneven), so I got some flat wood and hit that which took some time but eventually worked well. Doesn't look as pretty as stock but definitely not too bad.

It got me around 5cm extra lateral space I think which allowed me to fit a bigger fridge whilst maintaining full slide on my rails - so well worth it imo.

Good luck
:thumbsup: Superb, thank you.

I have already angle grinded the base but the seat pad still hits the arch unless I lift it slightly.

I had the seat pad modded to fit. It needed a bit of cutting, bending and welding. Only cost me £20 at a fabricators’.

I had the seat pad modded to fit. It needed a bit of cutting, bending and welding. Only cost me £20 at a fabricators’.
Thanks @Ads_Essex . Yes, saw your post but I dont understand how that mod lifts the seat pad. Is it just angled to make it go back further rather than lifted?

Thanks @Ads_Essex . Yes, saw your post but I dont understand how that mod lifts the seat pad.
Is it just angled to make it go back further rather than lifted?
No, the metal is bent upwards (to reflect the opposite side) with a little bit of cushion cut away.

Good luck
Do you do accident repairs too? ;) :slow rofl:
Sounds like a good solution though, does it impede the space or fit of the wheel arch outer plastics?

Do you do accident repairs too? ;) :slow rofl:
Sounds like a good solution though, does it impede the space or fit of the wheel arch outer plastics?
Lump hammer fixes all....

Doesn't impede wheel at all, at least with only a moderate drop. I have external silent coat and dodomat too so think there's plenty of room.

Back