Has anyone converted a Shuttle bench to fit Caravelle Rails?

dominic4

Nurse
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I am in the process of converting my Shuttle to Caravelle but wondered if I could find a way of adapting Shuttle bench to fitting the rails.

Has anyone ever tried this? (I have a bench seat cover to match my front but not covers for the two single seats.

Thanks

Dominic

Sorry to put a damper on it, but my main concern would be the safety of it, it would basically be a DIY solution with no certification or testing carrying passengers not a risk I personally would take. Besides the risk of injury etc there could be all sorts of insurance and liability issues in the unfortunate event of an accident.

The other thing is the seat belts, the Shuttle has the outside belts mounted to the vehicle whereas the Caravelle has the belt integral to the bench

You should be able to sell off your shuttle seats, floor mounts and belts and purchase a standalone caravelle bench.

sorry for the negative post!

No need to apologise David
I have a bench & a spare cover in matching fabric to my front seats but the my two caravelle singles wont match. Was looking for a way of using the seats that I have as they are easier to lift in and out also

Back