Hard wiring Dash Cam T6.1 Caravelle

Jonesy68

What do I need to buy next...
VIP Member
T6 Guru
So I have read through @Pauly uploads of various fuse box and earthing point diagrams but as a novice I'm still struggling. Really want to hardwire a dash cam in rather than have it plugged into the cigarette sockets as these are always live right?

So I was going to pull the cable down the A pillar and get it down to that fuse area but I see there is also fuses under both seats! either one better to use?

Am I right in thinking if I choose something with the same fuse rating and that only works when the ignition is on I'm OK? Then I see there is meant to be an earth there too.

Still trying to commit to a particular dash cam too, was thinking NextBase but read issues with DAB...:confused:

20220715_123115.jpg

thanks Jonesy

Still going round in circles selecting a cam too...

Last edited:
I can strongly recommend the thinkware cameras which can be found here.

We usually go down the A pillar to the fuse box if that helps

So I have read through @Pauly uploads of various fuse box and earthing point diagrams but as a novice I'm still struggling. Really want to hardwire a dash cam in rather than have it plugged into the cigarette sockets as these are always live right?

So I was going to pull the cable down the A pillar and get it down to that fuse area but I see there is also fuses under both seats! either one better to use?

Am I right in thinking if I choose something with the same fuse rating and that only works when the ignition is on I'm OK? Then I see there is meant to be an earth there too.

Still trying to commit to a particular dash cam too, was thinking NextBase but read issues with DAB...:confused:

View attachment 165054

thanks Jonesy

Still going round in circles selecting a cam too...
Hi all
Just wanted to know which fuses you used to connect to?

2nd attempt - now edited.
3rd attempt - will read more as now I am confusing myself.
4th attempt - as I want to use Parking Mode - it has to have a permanent connection. So from looking at my fuse box, I may be able to use fuse 24 - Interior Monitor Modules 1 & 2, Alarm Horn.

Last edited:
I think I have found success.
From my reading on this Forum I knew the side panel would pull off, and it came away with some gentle persuasion and no swearing or breakages.
Not only did that make the earth connection easier, it also enables better wire hiding possible.
I was initially thinking of going from passenger side, behind glove box etc, but no need - I can just go from the camera, over the driver's side and down the A pillar.

tempImage7iUxnp.jpgtempImageajD5Bh.jpgtempImageHbIFOj.jpgtempImagehujlLC.jpg

Back