Handy tools for the Campervan

Wow..that great advice...thanks everyone (especially the bottle opener )
Can I ask another question...our tap is running slow since we drained and re-filled the water...any ideas? Have we got air in the system?

Could be a few things and I assume you can hear the pump working as normal. If so then follow the pipe from the tap back as far as you can behind the cupboards looking for water, it may have split or have a failed connector in which case water will be leaking out when pumping.
Another thing you can try is turn the pump off, turn the tap on, put your mouth around the tap outlet and blow, you should hear the air bubbling up into the water tank.
Lastly, if you can open the water tank, check the hose is firmly connected to the submersible pump - but if it is new you may prefer to get the converter to do this ( and watch how he does it so you know how to access the pump as they do stick now and again).

I've had a couple of Leathermans (leathermen? sounds a bit wrong) and I like them from a gadget lovers point of view, but I've never ever used one in anger as I've always had better tools for each job near me. I think it would be the perfect tool if you were wild camping (i.e. on foot with a tent) where weight and space are very important.

I've had a couple of Leathermans (leathermen? sounds a bit wrong) and I like them from a gadget lovers point of view, but I've never ever used one in anger as I've always had better tools for each job near me. I think it would be the perfect tool if you were wild camping (i.e. on foot with a tent) where weight and space are very important.

Or even a rammed T6 with camping kit..

20180902_171245.jpg This was a great find in Homebase for £8. It's a reel of what I presume is spring steel. Ideal for feeding or pulling wires in tight spaces. You can see the other end dropping down where the blanks been taken out at the courtesy light, ready to clip the wires onto.
20180902_171353.jpg Wires pulled through from courtesy light to B pillar.

20180902_131150.jpg Switch fitted with the head lining left undisturbed.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Not sure if the wave has a locking knife on it but if it does remember that it’s not a uk legal tool to carry in public ;)

Seem to recall for us White Walkers and Wildlings north of the wall, the magic number was 3 (inches). Seems it's a similar legal position for our southern cousins too.

Worth knowing so you don't risk getting inadvertently caught out.

Possession of weapons - Police.uk

Back