Handbrake too low.

Roblee

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Stupid question but, Is there anyway the handbrake could be made higher, my wife drives our T6 but she has to lean over and down the side of the drivers seat to reach the handbrake. Shes only small and the drivers seat is at its lowest setting. Hill starts are hard for her. Thanks

Not sure about adjusting the hight.

But the van should hill start assist... or brake assist.

Where it holds the brakes on for a couple of seconds.... allowing you to select a gear and release the clutch.?

I thought the same when I got my van, then I has swivels installed and it was re-positioned even lower.
Hill start assist is really all you need unless parking.
In theory the shorter a person is the closer they are to the handbrake.

Forgive us for being thick, Our car does hill assist but doesant have a mechanical handbrake but our T6 does, so are you saying the T6 does hill assist and you dont need to use the mechanical handbrake? That would be brilliant..

Forgive us for being thick, Our car does hill assist but doesant have a mechanical handbrake but our T6 does, so are you saying the T6 does hill assist and you dont need to use the mechanical handbrake? That would be brilliant..
Yes, you can make changes to the gradient with Carista as far as I’m aware.

Yes.. as above..

It uses the ABS system to hold and release the brakes.

When you press the brakes when stationery...

The abs system holds the brakes on for about 2sec before gently releasing them.

Its in the T6 user book.

Hill start assist.

Have a look in the downloads section above.

There is probably a little bit of cable adjustment so the ‘locked on’ height of the handbrake is higher. Just have to unclip the cover and the 10mm adjusting nut is underneath. Adjust it enough to gain height but still lock the brakes on properly!

There is probably a little bit of cable adjustment so the ‘locked on’ height of the handbrake is higher. Just have to unclip the cover and the 10mm adjusting nut is underneath. Adjust it enough to gain height but still lock the brakes on properly!
But you would still have to reach right down to grab it in the first place..

But you would still have to reach right down to grab it in the first place..
Agree but not under tension. I read as the ‘applied’ position was still too low and difficult to release. I’m 6’1” and have to reach down to apply & release - I guess just a feature of vans?

Agree but not under tension. I read as the ‘applied’ position was still too low and difficult to release. I’m 6’1” and have to reach down to apply & release - I guess just a feature of vans?
My wife is only 5ft6in and she has to lean sideways to reach the handbrake, we have a 2017 T6 if it's got hill assist then great. She is going to try it out today.

SWMBO is 5’4”. Just checked and feedback is that it’s not as easy as her car but manageable.

I wouldn't have thought that height would come into it. I'm 6'1" and have to reach down.

Back