OEM Handbrake alternative?

Tetsudo

VIP Member
Good Evening all, New to this T6 forum, after fitting swivel seats I was wondering if anyone has replaced the hand break mechanism with a hydraulic unit which doesn’t imped the operational swivel of the driver seat.
An suggestions or-ideas.
Thanks

I have a t6 that used to be a wheelchair access vehicle and it has a basic electrically operated parking brake operated from a rocker switch on the dash. It's not self regulating like most modern cars, the longer you keep the switch up, the more tension the actuated motor puts on the cable. There's basically a linear actuator motor mounted under the van under where the handbrake was - makes swivelling the front seat a dream!

Just Google "T6 Handbrake lowering kit" There are quite a few solutions to this.

Make sure you spell 'brake' correctly as it will help with your search.

Already fitted the hand BRAKE lowering kit as a temporary fix, I’m looking for similar set up as on my Audi SQ5 didn’t know if anybody has actually done this. Well spotted the spelling mistake I would have found life very difficult without being corrected

A bit beyond my capability’s at the moment, hopefully I’ll lean as I’m new to WV T6, thanks Willwillwill interesting reading.

Back