Halo Roof lighting

Rhyswxm

Im after a halo roof for my t6 lwb, been looking at this one from eBay, just wondering what lights would be needed to fit in the slots, and also how would they be wired up to existing wires from the old headliner. Thanks

F3EB897F-A5A4-4B29-A69B-D1A1D0C6884D.png

Having made my own, you'll need to know how wide the gap is and then just buy a strip of suitably coloured LEDs to fill it. Bear in mind that any carpet/headlining fabric may reduce the gap depending on how it is trimmed. Perhaps ask Plyworx what they recommend?
Wiring will depend on how it is to be powered/switched. Are you hoping for all 6 spots and the leds to come on at the same time?...
I have my spots on the interior light circuit (wired directly) but the led strip is switched from a separate supply.
Check out the @Dellmassive "How I done it" section where he deals with this kind of thing and a lot more. Interior lights and the wiring are covered here

BTW, cnc stuff is nice but I made the whole ceiling including lights and upholstery for £100...

That sounds good!

What thickness of ply did you use for the base and the halo and how did you fix to the ceiling?

How did you set up the lights? i.e. what comes on with door and what come on with switch?

From memory it was 6mm (5.6) for the main panel and 12mm for both the halo and spacer.
I glued the original ceiling fasteners in to the metalwork and attached the panels to them with countersunk screws. The fabric covers all the fasteners which looks nice but is obviously a bit of a disaster if you need to get access...
I have the rear 4 spots connected to the interior light circuit but they can be switched independently via a relay. The front pair are currently just on switches either side for the passengers. Eventually, when I get some more relays all 6 will be switchable between the interior circuit and leisure battery.
The halo gap has an led strip which is purely switched.
Everything is currently powered via the starter battery but only energised with the ignition on so no flat battery. Once my leisure battery is in I'll swap over to this instead.

More pictures here.

Back