Halo lighting help - four wires instead of two

fidav

T6 Pro
I have installed a halo roof in my van and I’m in the process of trying to wire in the halo lights I ordered.
Problem is they came with a dimmer switch fitted which I didn’t want as I have fitted a dimmer switch into the van ready for them. I assumed I could just cut this off (worked with other LEDs I’ve installed) and the connect up the wires to wago boxes to the fuse board however the problem is there are 4 wires and not 2 !! I don’t know what to do with the extra 2 wires on the lights (there’s a red/black/green/blue wire)

Unless you fab people can give me any suggestions I’m thinking I just bin them and order another set and read the advert properly this time to ensure they don’t come with a dimmer !!

Anyone any suggestions please

It sounds like you have RGB lights. The black wire will be +ve and the coloured wires will be the -ve for the red, green and blue led's. If you just want one colour then use the +ve and -ve of the colour you want or you could connect the -ve's together to combine colours.

As Deaky said you can wire the led strip direct to your wiring. 12v to +12v. And depending which colour white you want connect -I've to CW, WW or both.
If you're sure you don't want to use the RF dimmer again you could cut the ends off(see red line in pic) as it would make it easier to connect to the strips.Screenshot_2022-05-21-18-29-11-87_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg

That’s not where I’ve cut.

I cut the fitting off the light strip as I didn’t want to use the remote control. Assumed I could just ignore the whole remote box part !

Tried wiring red and colours together with no joy

6A673488-F228-4022-BABC-D62F224A469A.jpeg

That’s not where I’ve cut.

I cut the fitting off the light strip as I didn’t want to use the remote control. Assumed I could just ignore the whole remote box part !

Tried wiring red and colours together with no joy

View attachment 157487
Whats on the other end of the twin core red/black cable? Switch and fuse? Have you checked you are getting 12V at this end connected to the LEDs?

Did you try just connecting the neg and just 1 of the positive?

Dimmer switch then to fuse box.
Got power.
Yeah that was the first thing I tried black and red only but didn’t work

Just for them to work when I wired back in the remote box !! Yay!!
Thanks for all your help

Back