H7 Light Coding, Vcds Only?

Nolan

VIP Member
I should really get my H7 lights coded before the events start to get dark, is this VCDS only or can Carista do it now?

I looked on the VCDS map and there don't seem to be many people near me (Chichester / W Sussex).

I should really get my H7 lights coded before the events start to get dark, is this VCDS only or can Carista do it now?

I looked on the VCDS map and there don't seem to be many people near me (Chichester / W Sussex).

Not something you can do on Carista that I am aware of, and I have tried recently. Also need to get this done and am waiting for the friend of a mate who's mate knows someone who has an unlimited VCDS unit.....sigh.
I would buy VCDS myself but it seems like overkill to code the H7's and get my mirrors to fold on the key.

Thanks for the link, didn't know that. Looks good for the lights but think I would want confirmation before splashing cash and I am not android, sadly.
Looks like the mirror folding are a VCDS only thing.

I believe obd11 are working on an ios version but I don’t know when it will be available.

Thanks for the link, didn't know that. Looks good for the lights but think I would want confirmation before splashing cash and I am not android, sadly.
Looks like the mirror folding are a VCDS only thing.
I think OBD11 can do all this. As OBD11 nowadays can access also BCM (module 09) submodules I can't see why not the mirror folding coding wouldn't work.
However, in the OBD11 there are no documentation of the "bits" in the submodules so need to take advantage of the instructions e.g. in the thread ---> How To Program Folding Mirrors - Pictogram

xOBD11-09-Main_Subsystems_00.jpg

xOBD11-09-Main_Subsystems_02_a.jpg

xOBD11-09-Main_Subsystems_02_byte_02_a.jpg

Back