H7 Headlights

Hoarder

VIP Member
I'm looking for a pair of new, genuine H7 headlights to replace the H4's on my 2018 LWB Kombi. I've been to my local dealer, but they say they won't fit my vehicle & even if they did they will not sell me them because mine has H4 headlights! Any suggestions as to where to source a pair other than a breakers (I'd rather have new ones)?

I bought my Valeo H7's (O.E) off eBay and fitted them myself, very easy. Did a bit of research in advance, mostly on this forum, to make sure I bought the right ones - there is a lot of useful info on the forum ref this change..use search and you will find - I used a link to teh eBay page from this forum too.

I bought mine from the forum shop but they seem out of stock currently.

It may be worth sending them a message about availability.

I bought mine from the forum shop but they seem out of stock currently.

It may be worth sending them a message about availability.

Thanks Simon, I've contacted the forum shop but unfortunately they have stopped selling them.:(

Crooky, thanks for your reply. Currently reading up past threads regarding getting the correct OEM ones.:thumbsup:

Well I now have a nice new pair of H7's fitted to the van:), thanks for your help Pauly:thumbsup:. Have read all(?) the posts on coding them so that dip beam stays on with high beam, but can someone confirm that with VCDS it's ok just to untick the box 'Bit 2 _ Low beam forced while high beam on (H7=0, H4=1)' , rather than reducing byte 22 by 2.
I ask because in a previous thread from 2017 ( https://www.t6forum.com/threads/h4-h7-journey.3888/page-2 ) it states

Just want to point out to anyone reading this thread and it's going in capitals to emphasise the point DO NOT CODE H7 HEADLIGHTS USING THE TICKBOX IN VCDS
It will not work and you risk irreversible changes to your BCM, the tick boxes that VCDS offers you are wrong and are based on older VAG models any coding has to be done manually and will need to be figured out first

But a later thread suggests unticking this is now the way to go:confused:.

Thats slightly out of context, the point i was making was in relation to byte 18 that sets the headlight type, if changed manually to an incorrect value it can get stuck and need more powerful software than vcds to change back
Byte 18 descriptors still contain content for earlier models (or it did last time i looked)

In the early days the byte 22 tickbox was not documented (until @Loz contacted ross tech) so it had to be done manually

Ah! Thanks for that Pauly. I'd read & re-read so many headlight threads today to avoid changing the wrong setting - my head's in a bit of a spin & obviously got a bit muddled:confused:.

Back