H4 To H7 THQ V2 - Coding The Vcds

saxoboy

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi Guys, I have just fitted @ChrisR 's THQ v2 Headlights....all went well from a fitting point, which was nice...however, now I need to code the dipped to stay on with the main beam. I have got hold of VCDS from a friend and was now wondering if anyone has done a step by step instruction for coding this in VCDS.

If someone has that would be great...if they haven't maybe we should get these instructions written and added to the VIP section...

Thanks in advance

Matt

Hi Pauly, thanks for this...but i'm not finding it easy to get to that page..do I need to select a control module?

Yes module 09 cent elec
Then go into the coding button then long coding helper

Done it...excellent, thanks for your help.....not as simple, for a beginner! It was the long coding helper button that eluded me ;)

Now I have both sets of lights on with main beam.....Brilliant

Oh I need to do this, how do you get hold of a VCDS? Sorry if its a silly question

I retro fitted the vs 2 headlight kit from THQ with sequential indicators and fog lights, but now get the error on the dash. How do I correct this on VCDS? Thanks ( THQ deny any responsibility and say its plug and play ) Is the instructions from Loz correct for fixing this ? ( Bulb Out Warning On Dash)

Last edited:
I retro fitted the vs 2 headlight kit from THQ with sequential indicators and fog lights, but now get the error on the dash. How do I correct this on VCDS? Thanks ( THQ deny any responsibility and say its plug and play ) Is the instructions from Loz correct for fixing this ? ( Bulb Out Warning On Dash)
What errors show VCDS?

Reactions: mmi
Hi Robert, I don't have access to VCDS ( I wish I did, but lost my job 6 months ago ). However, there is a registered forum user who has kindly offered to have a look for me tomorrow using his setup. I just wanted to verify that the solution from Loz was the right one for correcting the warning light I get on my dash since the LED DRL vs2 upgrade. Thanks very much

Back