H4 DRL Bulb upgrade

nobbyq

T6 Pro
hi guys am about to oder some philips 150% race bulbs for my t6 , what drill bulbs should i get at same time?? thanks

Hi,

Going to change the main bulbs on my H4's until I save up a bit for replacement units so improve things a little.

In the meantime two questions.

1. Do the daytime lights stay on at night when the main lights comes on, mine are automatic.

2. Are there any better bulbs for the daytime lights (reading about the LEDs these can be problematic so do t want any problems)

Thanks

I've fitted LED bulbs in the DRL's and had no problems. I bought them from Auto Bulb Direct.

I think cheap ones can cause problems with the radio.

LED bulbs make a big difference. They are brighter and I think look more professional.

I bought some LEDs for the DRLs from a seller on Amazon 2yrs ago when I bought the van (first mod I did) and not had any problems. I wouldn't bother replacing them if you're not going use LEDs, you're unlikely to notice any difference.

Last edited:
I went all off piste got cocky and ordered some led lamps off eBay without asking you lot which ones I should buy and surprise surprise they are wrong don't light up and lamp out on dash.

Anyone got a link to a set that will work. I hat the orange colour of the standard one.

Thanks in advance

Tiff

I went all off piste got cocky and ordered some led lamps off eBay without asking you lot which ones I should buy and surprise surprise they are wrong don't light up and lamp out on dash.

Anyone got a link to a set that will work. I hat the orange colour of the standard one.

Thanks in advance

Tiff
You probably need to reverse the connections, they're diodes so are polarity sensitive

Thanks, but i dont know what that means, do you have some instructions for a moron?

cheers tiff
He means you need to spin them around, like an AA battery that was put in the wrong way round.

I’ve got a feeling the H4 DRLS are bayonet, so spinning the bulb around won’t change the polarity.

If it’s a polarity issue, you’d need to change the wires over in the bulb holder.

I have used Osram LEDs and never had a polarity issue.

Back