H4 Help!

TheGrapeEscape

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi All

I have a few mods I'd like to do before I go down the new headlight route, so I thought I'd upgrade my bulbs to these, only trouble is, they've bow thrown an error light on the dash. Do I need anything to correct this? If not, is there a bulb anyone can recommend, as these for over £40.
Screenshot_20240426_183733_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Really sorry to sound pessimistic it’s really not worth spending the money on bulbs for the h4’s I done it and learnt the hard way!
Save your money until your ready for an upgrade

I fitted Osram Nightbreaker 200’s and think they’re a big improvement. Not saying they’re super bright but having tried them on well lit, poorly lit and unlit roads they’re acceptable at least for now.

Bung in some Novsight N60 led H4 lamps, they come with a ballast looking box to keep the canbus lamp monitoring happy and boost the voltage to the lamp to maintain light output.
They'll set you back around £50 and as they have fans on the back you'll have to modify the headlamp access caps accordingly to keep the headlight sealed or order deeper dust caps from AliExpress.
I normally post a Youtube video from four years ago showing my H4s in action but as time goes on most people just shake their heads and fit H7 headlights and get them coded to run dip and main beam at the same time, then buy THQ headlights and fit Night breakers, led and Hid lamps in pretty much that order of evolution.

Back