H & R spacers. DIY or not?

Dannyb6467

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Evening folks.
I’m thinking of putting some 235/55/17 all terrains on my Devonports.
I like the look of the wheel with a spacer. Any suggestions on how far to go and are they easy to fit for a tyre dealer?
Cheers.

If you type wheel spacers in the search box, there should be loads of information to help you out.

Thanks mate. There is....new to the forum and Transporters.
Seems 30mm on the rear and 20 or 25 on the front are popular.
Ta.

It's not something I have any experience of, because I haven't got the standard wheels, and made sure the ET fitting on my 19s were suitable that I wouldn't need spacers.
I have seen some pretty good pictures on here of 'before and after' spacers with standard wheels, and they give the wheel a far more aggressive stance.

Ensure you have the type that bolt to the hub. Simply a case of removing wheel secure spacer reattach wheel.

Agree that wheel spacers improve the look of the wheels in the arches but without wishing to hi jack the post, is there any noticable softening of the suspension when spacers are fitted. Your essentially increasing the leverage, ie distance of the load to the point of pivot and distance to the spring. Wonder if this would be advantageous to improving the ride quality to a lightly loaded T32 set up.

Ensure you have the type that bolt to the hub. Simply a case of removing wheel secure spacer reattach wheel.
Thanks fish. I’ll be ordering the HR set up on Tuesday then.
Great forum, I get a thought, post it and a thousand others have been there, done that. Great!!

Agree that wheel spacers improve the look of the wheels in the arches but without wishing to hi jack the post, is there any noticable softening of the suspension when spacers are fitted. Your essentially increasing the leverage, ie distance of the load to the point of pivot and distance to the spring. Wonder if this would be advantageous to improving the ride quality to a lightly loaded T32 set up.
Did you get an answer to this? Interested myself.

Agree that wheel spacers improve the look of the wheels in the arches but without wishing to hi jack the post, is there any noticeable softening of the suspension when spacers are fitted. Your essentially increasing the leverage, ie distance of the load to the point of pivot and distance to the spring. Wonder if this would be advantageous to improving the ride quality to a lightly loaded T32 set up.
I have been running standard Devonports with standard 215 60 17 tyres over the winter, on B14's H&R anti roll bars, with 35mm rear and 25mm hub centric H&R spacers.
When I put on the spacers I would say it made no difference what ever suspension wise.
I am just about to put some 255 45 18 Sportline wheels on and will take off the spacers and start again and see what I think looks wise.
I think the old wheels are off set 55 and the new ones 50. There are some great calculators online to see what you can play about with,
However I have not yet found one that allows you to add in spacers.
I will update on here my findings, just cannot leave the thing alone.

There are some great calculators online to see what you can play about with,
However I have not yet found one that allows you to add in spacers.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I'm reading up on spacers and came across this. All I do is minus the spacer size from the ET.

Back