Review: H&R Coilovers + ARB

Got B14s on my T28 102hp camper conversion and obviously apart from not having enough power, gears and LED headlights I'm actually happy with the upgrade that the B14s and H&R Arbs made to the vans handling compared to the stock suspension.
The thing is it's my van and I'm happy with the way it performs the tasks asked of it. Why is it some people though get so Billy big bollox about their grievances with their van that they feel they have to inflict what they perceive as their wisdom on others, especially if simply winding the offending coilovers back up to a sensible ride height where the tyres no longer grounded out their wheel arch liners would have been the first thing to try but then it's easier to come on here and throw teddy out the pram jeez, just saying.

Got B14s on my T28 102hp camper conversion and obviously apart from not having enough power, gears and LED headlights I'm actually happy with the upgrade that the B14s and H&R Arbs made to the vans handling compared to the stock suspension.
The thing is it's my van and I'm happy with the way it performs the tasks asked of it. Why is it some people though get so Billy big bollox about their grievances with their van that they feel they have to inflict what they perceive as their wisdom on others, especially if simply winding the offending coilovers back up to a sensible ride height where the tyres no longer grounded out their wheel arch liners would have been the first thing to try but then it's easier to come on here and throw teddy out the pram jeez, just saying.
Its not a matter of just winding them up its the rebound affect on a heavy van mate. Each setup is unique to the van and weight.
A T28 102 is a hell of a difference to a T32 4 Motion DSG fella
The T6 for example can weigh as little kerb weight of 1661KG to 2262KG EMPTY, that's over half a tonne difference on the same springs on a empty van.
The problem B14's do is that is doesn't allow for the extra weight on a 20" large tyre so you have to run them high on the coil and it bounces or it catches on the archs due to the weight.
Somebody with 20's and a small weight van can have ZERO problems and love them, then a heavy van on same setup drives crap. Its all personal preference at the end of the day.
I personally don't like my teeth rattled out so i went the H&R route.

I've already got B14s all the way down, small hub mod and machined top mounts. So I think around 90-100mm anyway. It's manageable.

If I can get similar drop but with improved ride comfort (rear is particularly poor) then I'll be very happy.

I've already got B14s all the way down, small hub mod and machined top mounts. So I think around 90-100mm anyway. It's manageable.

If I can get similar drop but with improved ride comfort (rear is particularly poor) then I'll be very happy.
I dont think its possible in reality , super low and practical is just not on the menu in my humble opinion . The B14 is 40 to 70 mm kit , so its the collapsing springs that are letting you get lower not the kits ability . If we fit a spring that can cope it will automatically lift the van to about 80 mmm albeit more comfortable .

Glad to hear all is sorted, not sure what was wrong with your set, maybe not fitted or set up correctly?

My bus came back from a main dealer service today, everything suspension wise was perfect with my B14’s that are now on 27,000 miles in 3 years.
Stu s van is similar spec to yours by the looks of it , LWB twin doors 4 motion DSG . The B14 springs simply aren't strong enough for that weight . coil bound on the rear adjusted all the way up but too low . Its pretty much what we see all the time . I think in the light weight vans the results will be better, but so much good stuff on the market now and the demand is moving to other products . If only we could get enough stock .

Already sorted the suspension with ST X, I'm not unhappy with the suspension, but now I've added weight up top with the conversion I wondered how much it would help.
Sorry mate…. I wrongly assumed with your post above that you must be on the B14’s and you weren’t happy with them.

Reactions: Jlo
Back