Guy Martin ... The World’s Fastest Van

I enjoyed a similar one of his where he installed the V6 turbo ecoboost and took part in a time trial. Will watch this one on catch up next week..

GM is an absolute gentleman and a joy to watch. Reported to have been offered a job on TG, which he sadly turned down. Seems he would have had to retire his spanners etc...

Good episode. Just finished watching. How does that fella have time to do a normal job as a spanner monkey as well?

Just caught up with this episode.
Truely inspirational, absolute legend, except his taste in van.
Would love to spend a day in his company.

Just caught up with this episode.
Truely inspirational, absolute legend, except his taste in van.
Would love to spend a day in his company.

Same. Not many people out there like him. Was a good watch.

Same. Not many people out there like him. Was a good watch.
People don’t like him because he’s different. That’s because he has aspergers; he is who he is, and for someone who really doesn’t revel in the limelight and prefers to keep themselves to themselves, I think he comes across brilliantly. I just find him totally genuine, no airs and graces.
His books are bloomin good reads.

Always enjoy watching him at work, so genuine and his energy and enthusiasm for all things mechanical is inspiring.

Hi all.. if you interested in Guy’s books, his latest one ‘we need to weaken the mixture’ is available from several outlets, and maybe a lot cheaper than the link I posted below.

The one for sale on his site will be signed and come with a limited edition cover.
Guy wanted the book to be called "head up me:D" but it was decided it could upset a few folk.

Full story can be found in the link..

Signed Guy Martin Special Edition 'We need to weaken the mixture'/ Head up me Arse!!Book!

Yeh agree his books are a good read, his Pub in Kirmo is alright for a bit of snap too if you ever find yourself that way, gets busy mind.

Just ordered my copy of the new special edition book as defined in @Ghost post above.
Can’t wait for it to arrive - 9 days to ship it seems a tad excessive! Guess he’s not delivering it in worlds fastest van round the “Ring”.

I ordered a copy too:D

I will be saving it to add to my holiday reads for next year alongside Malice in Blunderland by Jonny Gibbings:thumbsup:

Just googled “Guy Martin Books” and I appear to have missed one, “worms to catch”!
It’ll have to wait as the other book I want to order at the mo is the new Lee Child one, as I have every one of them, and Jack Reacher is based upon @Fish, just taller, and a different branch of the military. Otherwise the likeness is uncanny.:slow rofl:

You plonker.. !.
I read(well listened) to Jason Fox's 'battle scars' yesterday.
Very good read and insight into some military minds.

On a different note... I have that book I think, I will send it down if you want it.

Last edited:
You plonker.. !.
I read(well listened) to Jason Fox's 'battle scars' yesterday.
Very good read and insight into some military minds.

On a different note... I have that book I think, I will send it down if you want it.
If you have a copy, then cheers.

Proper Delboy-esk, dodgy bloke selling hooky gear out of cardboard boxes from the back of an even dodgier van.

Back