Guy Martin ... The World’s Fastest Van

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Ghost, 1 Nov 2018.

1. Ghost

Ghost Senior Member T6 Pro

Map
    St4n99, Lord Mfwic, richi and 3 others like this.
  2. Tourershine

Tourershine Senior Citizen VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Loved this Guy, from the first channel 4 episode of him and his mate building a narrow boat, right up to his last. He seems such a normal down to earth chap, who's very entertaining.

Thanks for that @Ghost

richi, Ghost, Skinnysye and 1 other person like this.
  3. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 VCDS User Admin Moderator VIP Member

Map
    I enjoyed a similar one of his where he installed the V6 turbo ecoboost and took part in a time trial. Will watch this one on catch up next week..

Ghost likes this.
  4. Ghost

Map
    I always find guy’s tv programs interesting and entertaining.

Two of my favourites was about the WW1 Tank and the Vulcan Bomber.

One I’m keeping an eye out for, is his around Britain cycle ride, but he’s had a setback on that.

Update on Guy’s around Britain cycle ride - Guy Martin Racing

I’m sure we will all enjoy watching tonight. :thumbsup:

5. Wills

Wills Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

GM is an absolute gentleman and a joy to watch. Reported to have been offered a job on TG, which he sadly turned down. Seems he would have had to retire his spanners etc...

Ghost likes this.
  6. St4n99

St4n99 Member

Map
    I will be watching this . I have most of his documenterys on DVD and his transit was a great build but had gearbox issues unfortunately . Sounds like this episode it's a new build or rebuild so will be worth the watch . Enything with Guy is worth the watch if am honest as his personality is spot on :thumbsup:

Ghost likes this.
  7. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Good episode. Just finished watching. How does that fella have time to do a normal job as a spanner monkey as well?

Ghost likes this.
  8. Ed Webb

Ed Webb Webber VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Just caught up with this episode.
    Truely inspirational, absolute legend, except his taste in van.
    Would love to spend a day in his company.

G12RYX and Ghost like this.
  9. G12RYX

G12RYX Senior Member T6 Pro

Same. Not many people out there like him. Was a good watch.

10. DaveyB

Map
    People don’t like him because he’s different. That’s because he has aspergers; he is who he is, and for someone who really doesn’t revel in the limelight and prefers to keep themselves to themselves, I think he comes across brilliantly. I just find him totally genuine, no airs and graces.
    His books are bloomin good reads.

G12RYX, Dieseldonkey and Tony&Dawn like this.
  11. Sjacko20

Sjacko20 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Always enjoy watching him at work, so genuine and his energy and enthusiasm for all things mechanical is inspiring.

12. Ghost

Map
    Hi all.. if you interested in Guy’s books, his latest one ‘we need to weaken the mixture’ is available from several outlets, and maybe a lot cheaper than the link I posted below.

The one for sale on his site will be signed and come with a limited edition cover.
    Guy wanted the book to be called "head up me:D" but it was decided it could upset a few folk.

Full story can be found in the link..

Signed Guy Martin Special Edition 'We need to weaken the mixture'/ Head up me Arse!!Book!

DaveyB, Pauly and richi like this.
  13. Tony&Dawn

Tony&Dawn Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Yeh agree his books are a good read, his Pub in Kirmo is alright for a bit of snap too if you ever find yourself that way, gets busy mind.

14. DaveyB

Map
    Just ordered my copy of the new special edition book as defined in @Ghost post above.
    Can’t wait for it to arrive - 9 days to ship it seems a tad excessive! Guess he’s not delivering it in worlds fastest van round the “Ring”.

richi likes this.
  15. richi

richi Richard Oliver VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I ordered a copy too:D

I will be saving it to add to my holiday reads for next year alongside Malice in Blunderland by Jonny Gibbings:thumbsup:

16. DaveyB

Map
    Just googled “Guy Martin Books” and I appear to have missed one, “worms to catch”!
    It’ll have to wait as the other book I want to order at the mo is the new Lee Child one, as I have every one of them, and Jack Reacher is based upon @Fish, just taller, and a different branch of the military. Otherwise the likeness is uncanny.:slow rofl: