Not sure, some say yes, some say no. The two little holes either side normally have two transport plugs which you pull out. But these two holes seem to be sealed.

I have a new Bosch S5 A08 ready to fit. What is the best/safest way to maintain power to the vehicle electronics while swapping out the old battery?
Can I run a jump lead from the +12v terminal on the leisure battery to the +12v terminal connector in the engine bay for the starter battery?

I have a new Bosch S5 A08 ready to fit. What is the best/safest way to maintain power to the vehicle electronics while swapping out the old battery?
Can I run a jump lead from the +12v terminal on the leisure battery to the +12v terminal connector in the engine bay for the starter battery?
You won’t keep power, just take off the negative first, then the positive, I wrap them both in a dry rag. Remove the bracket at the bottom of battery, swap and reverse fit, with positive connected first, then negotiate. Only thing you will need to do is code and reset the clock on the dash.

You won’t keep power, just take off the negative first, then the positive, I wrap them both in a dry rag. Remove the bracket at the bottom of battery, swap and reverse fit, with positive connected first, then negotiate. Only thing you will need to do is code and reset the clock on the dash.
There's no anti-theft code for the radio?

Just read section on replacing the battery in the Owner's Manual. No mention of radio codes, only that it may not correctly calculate/display time for next service if battery is disconnected for "long periods". Technology has moved on...

So just read the 14 pages - I think mine is an EFB but also see AGM versions - which is best?

Hi Guys,
Wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm a complete novice when it comes to mechanics and electrics so please bare with me.

My 2016 T6 SWB day van battery died over the winter as I wasn't using it much, and I also suspect my diesel heater was coming on sporadically draining my leisure battery (Which I suspect was draining my starter battery?).

Anyway, went to a garage to buy a battery which that told me was OEM. Fitted it, drove it for a few days, then engine light came on, suggesting fault in glow plug circuit.

Took it to a friend who does the work on my van and he said they had supplied me with the wrong battery type.

Took it back to the garage, who admitted it was the wrong battery and they swapped it for the right one. Took that battery home. fitted it, and all the electrics work, but the van wouldn't turn over.

My friend who does the work has suggested they've sold me a battery that has been sat on the shelf and has drained, and that its not a glowplug issue as when I jump started the battery off a friends landrover, it did turn over!

I'm not sure whether they've supplied me with the wrong battery again, or whether the theory of it being a drained battery is true. Any help or thoughts appreciated! I will attach a picture of the Battery that came out of my Van first time round (which worked fine until it died naturally over the winter). and I'll also attach picture of the new battery they supplied me.

I notice the one that came out the Van had AGM written on it, and the new one doesnt, could that be something to do with it?

1000026465.jpg

20240226_133704.jpg

Last edited:
You want an AGM battery and also 80Ah like the original. The replacement is a lower capacity at 70Ah. I’d get your money back and go somewhere more reputable who can supply the correct battery.
The BOSCH S5 which I fitted would be a good option if you plan to keep the van

I just purchased 3 batteries from Tayna - next day delivery and correctly supplied. Brilliant service.

You input the reg and it gives you the options. I went for the bosch AGM. It was an S5 A08 70ah which matched my original factory fit battery.

Back