[Guide] How To Line Your Own Van.

I have been searching, and I cant find a solution for what to do with these holes for the tailgate before carpeting. For the life of me I cant remember what I did on my last van.

Any ideas?

View attachment 137564
Any sort of indentations and holes in my van I foil taped prior to carpeting. It worked well to cover the holes. I know the opening you have pictured is larger but if you don't apply too much pressure over the foil tape it shouldn't tear or rip.

I have been searching, and I cant find a solution for what to do with these holes for the tailgate before carpeting.

Thanks. It always looks a bit rough when Altro is stanley knifed off in the van and Its awful when the joint is sealed up with silicone or polymer adhesive (shudder :sick:). It also guarantees that the floor has been bonded in and not been peppered with self drilling drywall screws straight through the metal floor to hold it down as when the Altro is applied on the bench its not possible to screw it down :thumbsup:. We see vans regularly that are peppered with screws through the metal floor (counted 88 on one van converted by a so called professional company ). Shameful!
Hello, just wondering what piping your using around the floor , thanks G

The lining I feel i have got on with.

I'm just seeking a solution on the roof where the cab meets cargo.

As i have removed the bulkhead and added insulation, there's a bit of a gap left behind, are there any products to over come this?

Just awaiting my fir trees from vehicleclips.co.uk to get everything fitted properly.

Cheers!

20230529_162929.jpg

The roof panel has a different (shorter) if you have a bulkhead fitted, you could try swapping the front roof panel for a kombi one and will mostly hide the gap

I glued a small strip of hardboard to the back of the roof panel (probably only about 30mm wide) which ‘extended’ the original roof panel so it would clip into the covering strip of the cab headliner if that makes sense? This obviously creates a small step in the panel but once it’s carpeted and clipped in you can’t see it

1EF3DD14-F04C-4017-9CC1-D78EC42CB8E4.jpeg

D1B7A817-E806-4899-B6AE-2AEB6A9AB161.jpeg

Thanks for the replies, extending would have been ideal :rolleyes:
Ah sorry zooming in on your photo I can see you’ve already carpeted! Is there any converters local to you that you can ask for another roof panel maybe? Most of them have them laying around their workshop from doing pop tops etc and are normally destined for the skip and happy to give them away

Ah sorry zooming in on your photo I can see you’ve already carpeted! Is there any converters local to you that you can ask for another roof panel maybe? Most of them have them laying around their workshop from doing pop tops etc and are normally destined for the skip and happy to give them away

I will contact a few, shouldn't have jumped the gun and carpeted so quick but i was on a roll! Should have enough carpet to do another half roof panel if needed.

Back