[GUIDE] How to fit an MS Craft T6 Double Seat Sliding Swivel Base

This doesn't match my experience. We don't have to empty the seat, just move things to one side. We also figured out that the things to store in there are the things you would typically remove when you were swivelling the seat, like the front windscreen thermal cover.

Aligning the bolts is a bit of a pain sometimes but you have to slide it sideways after turning. I still find it easier than the Kiravan's one we had, where the whole footwell needs emptying and handbrake lowering.

You takes your choice...
I can only guess that you park up and stay there, not moving the van for days because you are stating the same problems with bolt holes not lining up and moving things out of the storage. These things wouldn't be a problem if I was not moving my van. The problem for me is it gets so tiresome when you have to do the same thing twice a day, every day of your holiday. When putting the bolts on the outside and making the holes line up would make the product so much easier to use. I'll go do a video now see if I can capture the problem

so here's the main issue for me MSCraft seat bolts problem
Yea, I see what you mean but this can be avoided entirely.

Try putting the inside bolts in first.

When I put the seat back, I manoeuvre it on the base until I can see the edges are lined up. I then loosely fit the inside bolts. Than the outside. Then snug everything up. Never an issue.

I don’t like moving it back and forth every day either. I either park for more than one day or don’t rotate the seat. You’ll find all swivel seats have this same inconvenience.

Pick up the seat bracket so you can use the seat back as a step/seat for one night stays. That’s the best advice I can give you.

so here's the main issue for me MSCraft seat bolts problem
I think you may not have a perfect swivel. Mine doesn't have such a bad alignment problem. I obviously don't tighten any of them until they are all in, but it's not got that bad. I do have a folding seat with recline bracket so I necessarily have to release the bracket to swivel it and it is tight to b-pillar trim when I slide it sideways at the end which can take a go or two. We also have a lowered base.

I think, generally though, you are saying what is bad with any double swivel, they are a pain if you need the van every day, which we normally do, and you have to go through it twice a day. Usually after swivelling we only put one bolt back in inside for camping. We tend to use ramps to level the van or park when the spirit level on the dash is spot on, so rolling isn't a problem.

On the other hand single swivels have different problems. I tried on the drivers seat and it was too high, it rocked and rattled and was far more difficult to swivel as I had to lose all my adjustments to get it around even with a lowered handbrake.

Be careful what you wish for with an alternative

Pick up the seat bracket so you can use the seat back as a step/seat for one night stays. That’s the best advice I can give you.
I think that's good advice. Vancraft brackets (reclined ones) come up infrequently for £125, or standard VW brackets usually go for £100. And there's a guide or two on here for fitting yourself if you have a spline set

I think that's good advice. Vancraft brackets (reclined ones) come up infrequently for £125, or standard VW brackets usually go for £100. And there's a guide or two on here for fitting yourself if you have a spline set
Yes, I have been trying to message the guy mentioned on facebook marketplace and he's confirmed they are available but hasn't replied to any other messages so I'm waiting for a response. To be fair, I don't need the recline because I have the MSCraft seat base which is already reclined (One bonus!)

think you may not have a perfect swivel. Mine doesn't have such a bad alignment problem. I obviously don't tighten any of them until they are all in,
I have to tighten the rear ones somewhat or the alignment is even worse. I have tried putting the inside ones in first but then I have 3 out of alignment at the rear. To be fair I can usually get the rear right in but the other two are not aligned then.

I have to tighten the rear ones somewhat or the alignment is even worse. I have tried putting the inside ones in first but then I have 3 out of alignment at the rear. To be fair I can usually get the rear right in but the other two are not aligned then.
I think mscraft should help you, it doesn't sound right

I think mscraft should help you, it doesn't sound right
I've just sent the video link to them. I didn't fit the bracket so it's hard for me to understand how, if three are in, why the other two won't go in. I assume it's 2 plates, 1 swivelling over the other. are these plates not lining up? do they have to be matched pairs (drilled together during production) and I've got an odd set?

I've just sent the video link to them. I didn't fit the bracket so it's hard for me to understand how, if three are in, why the other two won't go in. I assume it's 2 plates, 1 swivelling over the other. are these plates not lining up? do they have to be matched pairs (drilled together during production) and I've got an odd set?
Exactly, that's why I think it's probably not to spec

View attachment 102386
Reattach the seat using the original nuts and the new ones that come with the kit.
And enjoy...it really is fingertip control. The seat slides sideways away from the B-pillar at the same time as spinning and/or sliding backwards. So easy to turn compared to ones which foul the handbrake etc.
View attachment 102388
What height does this add overall pls can you get a lower base for the double seat to get it back to the standard height cheers

Hi Guys

Im interested in fitting one of these or the Vulcan beds equivilent however im not sure if my rear floor maybe a few mm too high and bend the sliders as they pull out. I emailed vulcan some pics but they wouldnt commit to it and erred on the side of caution. However I am wondering if anyone who has fitted one of these could confirm if there would be a possiblity of raising the base by packing it out with some big washers or something?
Please tell me if thats a totally daft idea!

Thanks

Back