Grille LED DRL kit

Gaz6728

Hi everyone I’m the new owner of a t6 kombi with big plans for it the question I have is has anyone fitted the grille drl’s to the oem grills I’m not crazy or too tight to buy the ones with the surrounds the plan is I’m going to get the upper and lower grills Hydrodipped in carbon fibre so I don’t want to pay like £200 for the nice gloss black surround when I can get the light bar for like £50 so is there a way with a bit of cutting bonding etc maybe bond some type of brackets on the back I would much appreciated a few ingenious ideas or am I just been ridiculous

I think it would be possible but quite tricky
The lights them selves are deeper than the standard grille so you would need to make the cutout and then form some sort of backing behind the grille to fix it too, from memory the drl strips are metal lumps with a single stud poking out the back (its been a while so could be 2 ? )that goes through the grille and gets bolted

I think it would be possible but quite tricky
The lights them selves are deeper than the standard grille so you would need to make the cutout and then form some sort of backing behind the grille to fix it too, from memory the drl strips are metal lumps with a single stud poking out the back (its been a while so could be 2 ? )that goes through the grille and gets bolted

hmm I’m thinking about buying them and just sending them back if I can’t come up with something I’m thinking about the dipping just to be a bit different than the gloss black but I do like the drl so may just buy the full black set up I haven’t seen any pictures of the grilles in carbon fibre although I’m sure someone has done it I appreciate the reply tho thank you very much

Hello @Gaz6728 , as @Pauly said,its probably possible but will be pretty tricky. I have just fitted drl's and the replacement grilles are completely different to the original ones. The light bars are actually kind of a wedge shape and are screwed in from the back with two screws. The newer grilles stick out a bit further on the ends,similar to the sportline bumper but not quite as extreme,obviously theyre shaped for the wedge end of the light to fit into and wasnt even something i had noticed at all until we fitted them. I think if you had hold of both types of grille then perhaps you could come up with something and people probably have but i dont think it will be easy

I ummmed and arrrred about it for a while but im glad i decided to fit them. Fitted Led headlights,drls and changed the fog light bulbs for led's all at the same time. Totally changed the look of the front end of the van,for the better in my eyes and the difference in driving in the dark etc is unrealIMG_1484.jpg

Reactions: CAB
I ummmed and arrrred about it for a while but im glad i decided to fit them. Fitted Led headlights,drls and changed the fog light bulbs for led's all at the same time. Totally changed the look of the front end of the van,for the better in my eyes and the difference in driving in the dark etc is unrealView attachment 86044
Very nice indeed my man I’ve got the thq v3 headlights so I need to remove the front to fit them I was going to get the grills dipped in carbon fibre and do it all in one hit maybe I’ll just have to get them with the surrounds and get them dipped at the same time it’s turning out to be a very pricey hobby

Back