My Grey T6 Kombi

I see loads 20inch wheels on vans at the vw van centre when I go.

Personally I would not be too concerned about warranty issues, never known anyone to have any issues in all my years on this planet.

Did you buy the sportlines from the dealer? Just wondering if they still sell the old style ones.
The T5 Sportline wheels have now been discontinued as of a few months ago, som colours are already gone but as of a couple weeks ago there were a few sets of black and one other colour kicking around the VW network but when these are gone that will be it

Van back from @slidepods after full sound deadening, insulation ,lining and leisure electrics and I’m blown away by how good it is , super quiet and feels a lot more car like inside I have also added a set of JL audio coaxial speakers to the rear for a bit of fill , JL audio components up front running off a 500 w JL amp next followed by some B14 coilovers.

I really want some sort of bed out for the rear but I’m very undecided as to what to go for as will not be using it for that purpose often , so been thinking I will fabricate some sort of thick foam base that goes between wheel arches with memory foam topper and nice cover to make it look the business ( my Mother is a demon with a sewing machine ) and will build a box that fits under the rear seats to hold the gear I need for when travelling about. Well I’ll get some more pictures up soon once I start making some more progress but safe to say I’m loving the t6 life !

F5EBE310-1011-4ABC-AA83-2E7CAC2B3DDB.jpeg

1C15E9F9-E6E0-4378-B4B1-FD10BE00C9EC.jpeg

Just ordered this from amazon , fits between the wheel arches and will work well for the few times we go away camping in the van , full comprehensive review coming soon !

4B823610-4F57-42A5-8BC3-15BC97ECAD18.jpeg

1AA8F61B-9940-4927-B214-357B784FD948.jpeg

Well a good cleaning session today and the first one of the year ! Also arrived my folding mattress that will work a treat the few times we sleep in it , nice and firm and with some extra blankets will make it nice and cozy , very tempted to get a diesel heater fitted now as that will finish it all off nicely

280C4BE4-A320-430E-9DC4-EDCD8AB53BDC.jpeg

2C9D42F6-6718-49E3-8755-CC323D97D25A.jpeg

807D2263-FBF4-48A6-96A3-B7810A404309.jpeg

7DA86D2B-9D42-4671-9F2A-A304AB9A42B1.jpeg

Looks cosy, just need mud flaps now

Lovely van, thinking of changing my 20,s for them 18,s

Yes but the ends of the spokes are silver on the Matt wheels and not all black like these gloss wheels

Have you a link to the mattress please? Is it comfy? Van looks great!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-F...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5RY2NRFH27PDP8KJK08C

Yeah it’s pretty good quite firm but I don’t really want a permanent bed in the van as I need the space so probaly the best you will get for a makeshift solution it’s fits perfectly between the arches but you will have to take out the rear seats to open it fully , I have a Kombi with rubber floor and a carpet mat on that then the folding matteress and I’ll probaly fit a memory foam topper to it and should be good to go !

Looking good, I like the folding mattress set up!
I also would like to know where you got the rear carpet mat from please?

Terrific folding bed idea - do you think that the extra 40cm length of my LWB Kombi will enable the bed to be fully extended with rear seats still in? thx.

Back