GPS Tracker, self fit....any good?

is this easy to wire up, I can't quite make out the connection type?
Yeah. I’ve wired mine. The end of the device is just a receiver for the harness (supplied).
It needs a ground (easy) and a permanent live (I tested and found a spare permanent supply in the fuse box) and a switched live (cigarette power supply near the fuse box).
For mine you’d need to take the whole of the front dash area to get to and trace the power supplies and device.
It’s a bit of a ball ache to setup with the text system but once setup it’s good.

I will add this. The mv710 works ok. Picking up on average 7 to 8 gps and 3-4 glonass sats. I would expect the more modern ones to get more glonass sats for a more accurate location. This results in a more expensive device though. E.g. the mv501, mv790, etc.

I’d add if you just want simple tracking the vodaphone curve looks great for the money. £15 to buy and cheap monthly subscription (over 2years). It would be as simple as finding a12v power supply for usb charging. It wouldn’t have the movement alarms (geofence) and ability to power the fuel pump off. But for simple monitoring it’s an option.

is this easy to wire up, I can't quite make out the connection type?
The Back2You includes a battery so I have it powered from the leisure battery so as not to drain the starter battery when parked up for a long winter period.

anyone using the streetwise tracker

I have set it up and can send a text to get the location but can't get into the app anyone else having the same problem ?

I've had one of those in my van for a couple of years now and TBH I had completely forgotten about the app (TK Star) as I've never had occasion to use it again! I've just gone into it and the login details were all saved to the phone so it logged straight in. I would however say that when I had a couple of issues with setting it up in the first place and also when I was getting the odd spurious alarm, I contacted Steetwize and they were exceptionally helpful (and quick) in sorting things out - IIRC, I dealt with a guy named Mark. I'd recommend you give them a call or ping an email.

Back