Golf / Scirocco Seat Back Foams in a T6? Anyone tried it?

Julescb

So it looks like Van Haven & a few others have started grafting Golf seat foams onto transporter captains chairs, but has anyone done this DIY? I always assumed they were too wide!

1617291516946.png

Not sure if they use the entire back (including frames) or just the foam, but I really like the idea of an entire Scirocco seat, on a Transporter frame but don't know if it's doable without spending mega bucks on a completely custom upholstery job.

I LOVE these, but not sure if I can live with the overhang if I just mounted them on a T6 base using some box section & the original Scirocco runners....

1617291315121.png

Anyone tried grafting foams onto a T6 frame, or am I just entering an entirely new warren of pain & faffery?

starting to look into this. been on capital seating website and the Recaro back foams they do as a possibility

EA98C892-2F81-495D-A356-45B7F26A00E7.jpeg
we have golf gti seats which have been recovered. No idea on fitting they were done by Notjustcampers. Really comfortable

F9446D39-F888-4C63-B19D-C65F3A1EA70E.jpeg
I had sport bolsters added by DK. I think most upholsterers will be able to add what you want.

I've got a Scirocco and the seats are super comfy, however, they are designed to be mounted low to the floor with your legs in a more outstretched position. The base is angled so that your ass is low, with your thighs angled upwards. The van has a much more upright position with a level seat base so you sit with horizontal thighs. I don't think that the complete seat in van would work for that reason.

Back