Plumbwise

Have just stripped the original Highline steering wheel of my T6 and attempting to fit the Golf Mk7 steering wheel. I was on the understanding you switch the airbag loom with the original T6 loom...... but I have seen there is an extra terminal on the Golf's airbag and terminal with an extra brown wire??? Anyone can help!

I have a flat bottomed mk 7 golf steering wheel. No buttons. Will the standard t6 air bag fit this? Don't want to take it all out and then realise it doesn't fit. Anyone got any advice please

Hi, can you take a picture? If it has 3 rings the air bag will not fit, if it has two metal hooks then it will

Hi, can you take a picture? If it has 3 rings the air bag will not fit, if it has two metal hooks then it will
I have a MFSW that has cruise on the stalk not wheel. Would the buttons and airbag swap to this type of wheel. TIA

B125AA4B-79AF-40A2-9E62-939D08EDF092.jpeg

Yes T6 bag will fit that one
The two hooks are the part that retains the airbag

Wont that end up costing more than a leather wheel? I paid £85 on ebay for a leather non button California wheel albeit is a round one

Wont that end up costing more than a leather wheel? I paid £85 on ebay for a leather non button California wheel albeit is a round one
Must likely, but that’s what the OP asked.

I’ll be selling one like this soon, if it’s of any interest (it’s not flat bottomed):
6F8ED9C6-E78D-4D50-A7D2-77DB46DBB98E.jpeg
Edit: typo

Hello All, a friend of mine is going to view a T6 that has had a Golf R type flat bottom steering wheel fitted, does anyone know what is needed/or if even possible for the buttons on the wheel to actually work with the head unit? ie volume etc, not sure if the original wheel had these controls any help/advice would be appreciated thanks

If it's a golf wheels buttons will need changing and coding but not a major issue

Hi all
I'm wondering if a golf mk5 gt flat bottom steering wheel would fit on the t6,a mate of mine is changing his to a quick release wheel as he's doing a track car,the wheel has airbag but no multi function and as mine has no multi function either is it possible or would the airbag cause us problems
Many thanks for any help

Last edited:
Back