Morning, I've fitted some Golf R heated seats in my T6 , but for a complete job would really like the heated elements to work, even better if it could look oem.

This is the type of heater panel i have now, but without the rear window button as its a panel van.
View attachment 70732

This is the type of panel i would hope to use

View attachment 70733

and the rear of each panel appears to be the same connection socket wise

View attachment 70734
View attachment 70736

So with that in mind would it be unreasonable to think i could purchase and fit the panel with heated seat buttons, and then have made and fit a wiring loom from the golf seats heated element sockets to where ever it is they go on a van with heated seats?

Has anyone fitted oem T6 heated seats and had to do the same sort of thing?

Any help or advice appreciated

Thanks

View attachment 70735
I tried a Passat unit and it didn’t work with the van, whereas @Littleblackflash tried a Golf unit and it did. Might have been the age of the unit that affected it, or because the Passat platform is more different than the Golf - I don’t know.

Just spotted on kufatec website the correct cable just one unit and one cable set so thats ok, but also looked for the same cable for an mqb golf and it appeaes to be a very different set up. Emailed kufatec to see if it can be done

Update

Kufatec emailed back and said it cant be done, must be a totally different loom set up

Last edited:
I'm following this with interest. I've upgraded by heater controls to have the rear heated screen but I've also some heated seat to add now.

You need to break the problem down to 2 parts. First you need to tell the BCM to turn the heated seats on, then secondly you need some wiring from the BCM to power the seat.

I think the first part is just swapping over the heat controls to the correct part. It sends a CAN (or LIN) message to the BCM so no additional wiring should be needed. Using VCDS you should be able to see if the seat heating is active or not. This will then turn on an output in the BCM.
Next step is to power the seats through a seat heating module. As Pauly says, its just a relay with a cutout for over temp. I've not look at this side of the retrofit in too much detail yet. It should be a link to the BCM, a power feed and an output to the seat.

I'm following this with interest. I've upgraded by heater controls to have the rear heated screen but I've also some heated seat to add now.

You need to break the problem down to 2 parts. First you need to tell the BCM to turn the heated seats on, then secondly you need some wiring from the BCM to power the seat.

I think the first part is just swapping over the heat controls to the correct part. It sends a CAN (or LIN) message to the BCM so no additional wiring should be needed. Using VCDS you should be able to see if the seat heating is active or not. This will then turn on an output in the BCM.
Next step is to power the seats through a seat heating module. As Pauly says, its just a relay with a cutout for over temp. I've not look at this side of the retrofit in too much detail yet. It should be a link to the BCM, a power feed and an output to the seat.

Agreed, the heat control panel and relay module seem doable but looking at the kufatec wiring looms though the golf mk7 set up and sockets is different to the transporters. It seems reasonable to me someone could make a loom to go from the relay to the golf seat from scratch using proper parts, but I havent a clue who to be asking for something like that. Still seems possible but kufatec werent interested.

Maybe the sockets on the golf seats could be converted to transporter sockets?

The parts on the seats are the simple bit. It's just a heater element and sometimes a NTC heat contoller. I wouldn't be supprised if the connector to the relay module to the seat has the same pins, but a different connector housing. It could be a simple re-pinning job.
I'll take a look sometime over the weekend. It may inspire me to start mine.

The parts on the seats are the simple bit. It's just a heater element and sometimes a NTC heat contoller. I wouldn't be supprised if the connector to the relay module to the seat has the same pins, but a different connector housing. It could be a simple re-pinning job.

That would be ideal. Could do with some pics and diagrams of the t6 heated seats and compare them to the golf sockets ill take some pics when next out at the van

I did the same OEM setup but with with A5 electric and heated seats.

I used the Kufatec T6 heated seat loom, a new control panel as above and a relay from ebay.

The audi seats had a different plug to the T6, as I expect the golf ones will, so I cut the plugs off and joined using some other suitable connectors.

The wires are pretty straight forward as previously stated, a pair for the heating element and a pair for the temp sensor. I can dig out the pin out for the seat plugs if you need them.

I did the same OEM setup but with with A5 electric and heated seats.

I used the Kufatec T6 heated seat loom, a new control panel as above and a relay from ebay.

The audi seats had a different plug to the T6, as I expect the golf ones will, so I cut the plugs off and joined using some other suitable connectors.

The wires are pretty straight forward as previously stated, a pair for the heating element and a pair for the temp sensor. I can dig out the pin out for the seat plugs if you need them.

thatd be very helpful thanks, good to know its been done. without original plugs sounds good. did you use a transporter relay or from a golf or something else?

The relay can be from anything as long as it has the correct part number, don't worry about the suffix, I used a "B" - £15ish from ebay

T6 heated plug -> A5 Heated Seat Plug
Pin 2 Pin 2 (Black /white)
Pin 3 Pin 3 (Brown) & Pin 1 (Brown / green)
Pin 4 Pin 4 (Red/White)

Pin 3 is ground, whichever is the remaining thick cable is the element, thin cable the sense.

The relay can be from anything as long as it has the correct part number, don't worry about the suffix, I used a "B" - £15ish from ebay

T6 heated plug -> A5 Heated Seat Plug
Pin 2 Pin 2 (Black /white)
Pin 3 Pin 3 (Brown) & Pin 1 (Brown / green)
Pin 4 Pin 4 (Red/White)

Pin 3 is ground, whichever is the remaining thick cable is the element, thin cable the sense.

cheers, il get some bits ordered. does the relay replace another type of relay that will already be in the van or will i need another cable from the heater controls to the new relay?

cheers, il get some bits ordered. does the relay replace another type of relay that will already be in the van or will i need another cable from the heater controls to the new relay?
Reading this thread, I think the loom takes power from the relay to each seat

@T6180 I too would love to know if you got this working in the end.....and if you have a list (apart from the list you posted on this earlier) of the required wiring to get the seats heating. Cheers

@T6180 also interested.. just changed my front seats and they have heating - but i currently dont.. did you manage to get this to work?

what was required? that control panel you showed and what else?

cheers

@Littleblackflash did you ever find the time to pursue this a bit further? It’s getting cold again and I realise I haven’t pulled my finger out :rolleyes:

@Littleblackflash did you ever find the time to pursue this a bit further? It’s getting cold again and I realise I haven’t pulled my finger out :rolleyes:

I used the Kufatec loom and OEM heater mats and it all works ok. The only mistake I made was the getting the 2 pins on the heater control round the wrong way. The instruction are for LHD cars so the LH switch worked the RH seat.

I used the Kufatec loom and OEM heater mats and it all works ok. The only mistake I made was the getting the 2 pins on the heater control round the wrong way. The instruction are for LHD cars so the LH switch worked the RH seat.
Is that with using the OEM climatic controller, too?

Back