Send me a peminder at the end of the week as no doubt I will forget

Just started looking into this. I have some eBay heat pads and want to see if they might be able to be controlled by the OE heated seat control.
If you have genuine heated seats how are they controlled, I know its the two outer dials but what do you do to control them?
Is it just a series of presses to raise and lower the temp?
Edit.
Just been thinking, the pads will probably be fed by a module controlled by CAN from the heater controls so wouldn’t be able to retro-use (new word?!!) the original heater controls for spurious heat pads?

Last edited:
Just started looking into this. I have some eBay heat pads and want to see if they might be able to be controlled by the OE heated seat control.
If you have genuine heated seats how are they controlled, I know its the two outer dials but what do you do to control them?
Is it just a series of presses to raise and lower the temp?

you just press the button on the dual once for fully on, 2nd press for medium, 3rd for low and 4th to turn them off

If you want heated seats have you considered after market retrofits, the controls dont fit in the same style ie on the dash, you would end up with a button(s) beside the seat to turn on/put on boost but price is a lot more reasonable (and you could possible recable to dash)
I would hazard a guess that buying all the switches and trims from VW to fit in the factory style would probably cost about the same as buying a full aftermarket retrofit kit that would be simpler to install ??

The switches your supplying for me,are for my retrofit heated caravelle seats,so I can control them from the dash,and use up the blanks!

I am goint to be selling a single heated passenger seat very soon. No arm rests though.

Hello! I’m new here!
Sorry if this has been covered, I did have a search but no joy.
Recently bought a T6 and I’m wanting to do the bench to single passenger conversion. The prices I’ve seen are ridiculous so looking down the route of retro fitting Golf seats
Does anyone know if it’s possible to join my existing heated seat plugs to Golf heated seats and it just work?? (Obviously not expecting the plugs to be the same)

Thank you in advance for any help!

I’ve got heated seats from a T5 and a HVAC from a Passat, so once I know what other bits I need, I’ll be able to confirm whether other VAG units work.

@Pauly is it just a control relay(s) and wiring that I’d need?
Didn’t work ☹
The intensity dial worked but the direction didn’t, and the re-circ button stayed illuminated regardless. So that item is back on eBay..

Hi, looking at a 2nd hand T6, wanted heated seats but doesn't have them.
Does anyone know if the wiring loom is a standard item with the facility for heated seats so they can be added if needs be at a later date or if different looms are fitted depending on spec ?
Thanks

The wiring won’t be there. You can retro fit OEM but you’ll need deep pockets. Aftermarket heat pads are available and work just as well

@T6180 I too would love to know if you got this working in the end.....and if you have a list (apart from the list you posted on this earlier) of the required wiring to get the seats heating. Cheers

i fitted front heated seats from audi a8d3 and join with original t6 climatronic control unit everytnig works like need.

Morning, I've fitted some Golf R heated seats in my T6 , but for a complete job would really like the heated elements to work, even better if it could look oem.

This is the type of heater panel i have now, but without the rear window button as its a panel van.
nonheatedpanelfront.jpg

This is the type of panel i would hope to use

heatedfront.jpg

and the rear of each panel appears to be the same connection socket wise

heatedrear.jpg
nonheatedrear.jpg

So with that in mind would it be unreasonable to think i could purchase and fit the panel with heated seat buttons, and then have made and fit a wiring loom from the golf seats heated element sockets to where ever it is they go on a van with heated seats?

Has anyone fitted oem T6 heated seats and had to do the same sort of thing?

Any help or advice appreciated

Thanks

nonheatedpanelfront.jpg

It's definitely possible. You'd probably need a couple of other modules too. Hazzydayz offer it as a retrofit for around a grand :eek:

It's definitely possible. You'd probably need a couple of other modules too. Hazzydayz offer it as a retrofit for around a grand :eek:

Damn, bit more than i was hoping. Do you know what other modules what it take?

Have a read through this thread.

In the wiring diagrams it's marked as module J774

Here's the link to the KUFATEC loom. They might give you info on any other modules required.

the module is just a glorified relay, it takes the signal from the dash and deals with the power going to the seats, i have one here someone i will post a pic and part number in a bit

the module is just a glorified relay, it takes the signal from the dash and deals with the power going to the seats, i have one here someone i will post a pic and part number in a bit

thanks gents will do more reading

Back