Golf central Locking problem

Milarepa

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello.
My son has just got a golf mk 5 after his last car had a cam belt failure.
But He’s central locking has a problem. When using the fob or inserting the key, the drivers side locks but not the rear and front passenger side.
He suffers with his mental health and is getting himself in a terrible state about it.
You tube vids aren’t conclusive to me.
Any ideas chaps as to what is likely to have failed? Both lock mechanisms failing?
I don’t know how to help him.

Hello.
But He’s central locking has a problem. When using the fob or inserting the key, the drivers side locks but not the rear and front passenger side.
He suffers with his mental health and is getting himself in a terrible state about it.
Any ideas chaps as to what is likely to have failed? Both lock mechanisms failing?
I have a Seat Leon from 2008 and I have to press the fob twice to unlock all doors. If I press it only once it only unlock the driver´s door. Could this be related?

Thanks for replies
I will check the double press and I may know someone who could scan.

Open all the doors and boot, press the lock button and then shut one door at a time. The last door shut should activate the global central locking on all doors/boot. Which door doesn't activate the global locking will more than likely be the failed module. There is a YouTube vid that walks through repairing locking door modules. Failing that, a scan with vcds will throw up error codes for the module

Thanks for all your replies I’ll have to get him to investigate further.
I think I can get a vcds scan.

Hello.
If you’re feeling daring and you’ve had all your jabs you could head over to the Renault (spit) ClioSport forum as there was a similar thread there - passenger door not locking while drivers door and boot did.
Link here: Passenger door won't lock with Central Locking (Pictures)

I know from my golf you can unlock just the drivers door or all depending on what setting you use but locking should always be all doors at once.

Could try lubing the lock mechanism generously then I feel taking a peek in the rubber loom protector between the door hinges would be my next step - see if a wire there has cracked insulation (this would be the most wear prone area) and if nothing obvious after those two pop off the door card and stare at bits pretending I know what I’m looking for.

Back