Going to take the plunge!! Need some reassurance this isn't an expensive mistake! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey all,

We are a family of x4 (and a dog) who love the outdoors and LOVED our time away in a rental VW California. After much deliberation we thought we'd finally take the plunge!

We're about to press the button on this:

T6 camper king
Alternatively you can cut and paste the address below -

1. Are there any issues (you experienced van users out there) that we are missing?

2. What kind of depreciation would we expect approx. per year? (not going to hold anyone to this as I know markets change! )

I appreciate this is just last minute nerves but I thought this would be the best place to ask.

Thanks in advance!!

I’d consider not going full camper … buy a shuttle/caravelle and get a slidepod that way you can use as a daily driver when you have load of kids to carry around …sleep in side awning etc

£65k would get you a new conversion from one of VW Commercials approved converters. These companies need to jump through various hoops and have been trading for x many years in order to gain type approval. If I had £65k to spends I’d make time to visit each of those converters (there are only five so it wouldn’t take long) and pick which conversion and which deal I liked best.

As for what suits - it’s up to you. We get four in our van but it’s all very tight and can get cluttered. Tend to chuck one of the teenagers in a tent by the side and store some guff under an awning.

Back