Going from 215/65/16 to 245/65/17 - 8.5% bigger circ

dirtmerchant

Firstly, sorry for going over old ground.
I’m due to replace my 5.1 with a shiny new 6.1 and want to get the wheels sorted from the beginning. I’m looking at getting AT wheels (17”)and tyres to replace the standard 16”. According to willtheyfit, there is an 8.5% difference in speed (to the good) my question, eventually, is, should I be worried about DSG, cruise, error codes?
Thanks for any info

Firstly, sorry for going over old ground.
I’m due to replace my 5.1 with a shiny new 6.1 and want to get the wheels sorted from the beginning. I’m looking at getting AT wheels (17”)and tyres to replace the standard 16”. According to willtheyfit, there is an 8.5% difference in speed (to the good) my question, eventually, is, should I be worried about DSG, cruise, error codes?
Thanks for any info
What size tyre?

I was hoping to keep the 65’s for comfort plus I don’t think bf Goodrich make all terrain tyres that short ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was hoping to keep the 65’s for comfort plus I don’t think bf Goodrich make all terrain tyres that short ‍♂
No probs. It shouldn’t make much of an issue and I wouldn’t expect error codes. Others may know better if it puts a strain on the running gear

I've just (today) changed to 235/65/17 all terrains and my speedo is reading less than 1mph under e.g. at a steady 40mph on the GPS the speedo flicks between 39 and 40 mph. I think you'd be fine up to 235/65 and maybe need to recalibrate if you go over that.

Back