Team Mojave Beige

it's my family car as such. Got 4 teenage boys between us so needed a six seater. Now how to make it work best for us

Kombi 204 manual 4 motion in mojave 6 seats dual passenger and 2 plus 1 in rear
I think you are getting set for some blood good adventures:thumbsup::):thumbsup:, I think you are starting from a brilliant position.

what should I aim to do first. Does dropping it affect warranty ?
I think everybody on this forum will have a different option, that is a really good thing imo.
For me, improving the stance is a good idea
Stick with the 17" wheels (have you got Devonports?), have you got all-weather/all-season tyres?
Put 25mm wheel spacers on
And consider the Bilstein b14 coilers (you can adjust the height to suit)

It will look 1000% more up for it, straight away.

The side rollout awnings are popular to make a great day/camping vehicle

Second batteries are useful also

What benefits other than aesthetically does dropping it give
Depends how you drop it. apparently B14 gives lots more other than a drop (according to all the posts regarding them). Personally I think a -20/-30mm is enough, but some go down -70mm with the b14; I think you may loose some of the vans utility if you do that. Big advantage with the b14 is you can change your mind , and tweek the heights every week if you wish

The rolls royce is full air suspension; and I think many on this forum would go that way, if they could get their head around the £5k(ish) cost;)

VW fit up to 18" wheels on T vans, so anything larger could have warranty implications for stuff like gearbox/drivetrain issues.

That's a good reason thanks. Does dropping it affect warranty?
VW are very good regarding mods in most peoples experience, it is a big part of VW ownership for lots of people.
For normal dropping, no problems. If you dropped it say 70mm, carried 120% of the published weights, and kept going back for drive shafts; then they might give you a warning.
But if you read about all the sensible mods on here, and the fact there is virtually no problem with honoured warrantees. I would not worry

The 17" is just my thoughts. There is a tread in the wheel section about the 17" Devonports appreciation.

Much better choice or tyres; more side wall rubber handles potholes etc better; better ride as the side walls act as shock absorbers;

Having said all that the bigger wheels do look good, your choice

Thanks I appreciate all advice as a complete newbie. I also asked for a copy of my order showing the full spec I have on order but got a scribbled version that doesn't day about wheels and tyres

What trim spec have you ordered?

You can usually tweek your build, up until it is full confirmed in the system; for me that was 8 weeks, so I added a couple more bits.

If you have your full spec, you can always post it up in one of the general sections of the forum, and get useful comments from other members. The thing about section, it will have a lot less views and likely comments compared to say "General T6 chat" or "New members"

Trim spec ? Is that high line?
Yep Highline, good choice
I think you get 17" Devonports included in that Spec
So for some of us on here, job done, a really good wheel
If you see my earlier posts in this section mine started of "Silver" in colour, but I chose to powder coat mine a type of "Anthracite" colour for £200 - after market
If you think you may keep these wheels, then consider the "All-Season 235/55/17" tyre option, that will take you skiing/off-road/great braking performance in very wet conditions or ice and snow; at it is only a £100 or so. Get the 235 as opposed to 215 if you can, and choose to do so.

I've put request I for the all season tyres.. what's the deal with normal lights...im hearing they are terrible but led so expensive... or is it just people pushing to get led as standard?

Back