glow plug warning light and stop start errors [Resolved]

rover220

VCDS User
T6 Guru
been having intermittent warning light and stop start errors with limp mode for the last week, plugged into vcds today and got these faults

3 Faults Found:
16056 - Oil Pressure Switch
P164B 00 [108] - Malfunction
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 140684 km
Date: 2046.01.26
Time: 08:13:45

Engine speed: 1771.00 /min
Normed load value: 42.7 %
Vehicle speed: 40 km/h
Coolant temperature: 27 °C
Intake air temperature: 12 °C
Ambient air pressure: 980 mbar
Voltage terminal 30: 12.484 V
Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
Air mass at air mass meter 1: 180.0 kg/h
Standardised airflow ratio: 1.003 counts
Exhaust recirc.valve 1 bank 1: posit.feedback - Act.value: 39.90 %
Throttl.valve adapt. 1 bank 1: posit feedback - Act.value: 9.82 %
Charge air pressure specified value: 1.532 bar
Absolute intake pressure: 197 kPa abs
Mean injection quantity: 24 mg/stroke
Index of current engine mode: 0
Index of next requested engine mode: 0
Index of engine target mode: 0

31391 - Manifold / Barometric Pressure Sensor (G71) / (F96)
P0105 00 [032] - Malfunction
Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

31103 - SCR NOx Catalyst Bank 1
P20EE 00 [096] - Efficiency too Low
Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

any suggestions or is time to book it in>

I've just taken mine into VW dealer for same issues. They suggested the last dealer used wrong engine oil and charged me for an oil service plus diagnosis.
After collecting it and driving it home, the coil light came back on. So i've had it recovered yesterday and not heard anything yet.
I'll keep you informed as to what they say.

I've just taken mine into VW dealer for same issues. They suggested the last dealer used wrong engine oil and charged me for an oil service plus diagnosis.
After collecting it and driving it home, the coil light came back on. So i've had it recovered yesterday and not heard anything yet.
I'll keep you informed as to what they say.

lol, what a cop out excuse...wrong oil!!!! saw it as a chance to bill you for something.

I have the same problem, oil pressure sensors replaced and the warning light shows a lot more often now, goes back into a VW T6 experts in north Leeds this week. Starting to frustate now tbh!!

Van returned, garage has tested front and rear oil pressure sensors and both are deemed to be working correctly. Wiring has been replaced just in case on both sensors I'm informed but the problem persists. Two garages now have attempted to fix this and have had not joy. A detailed diagnostic report is being sent to VW to determine if there is a newly identified software issue on the ECU but I'm not holding out much hope regarding this this. Frustrated!!

Still no fix from T6 experts in north Leeds near the airport. I’m starting to wonder though if they have given up on this and the “sending diagnostic report to VW” is all smoke and mirrors?

mine turned out to be chaffed wiring. vw replaced many parts and it was back and forward until it was sorted.

Reactions: mmi
Thanks, the mechanic at the garage said he looked into this, I'm having my doubts though.

mine turned out to be chaffed wiring. vw replaced many parts and it was back and forward until it was sorted.
I’m booked in now at York VW Van centre to investigate. Any info in which wire / wiring loom was chaffed so I can request they look at this first? My van is becoming a money pit!!

Afternoon all,
I've just been out on my van and glow plug light and engine management lights on, o have turned ignition off/on and still not off. Vans only 1month old so I'll be be falling for 'wrong oil' crap

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Afternoon all,
I've just been out on my van and glow plug light and engine management lights on, o have turned ignition off/on and still not off. Vans only 1month old so I'll be be falling for 'wrong oil' crap
Be interested to know what VW come back with regarding this. I’m now at my third independsnt VW garage and they don’t know the fix

Update for you all,

Got van booked in to VW Ballieston and they came back to me saying the wires for exhaust sensor and Knock sensor had been chewed through to the wires and that's what's been causing lights to come on on the dash,

All in,£900 to fix....
Be interested to know what VW come back with regarding this. I’m now at my third independsnt VW garage and they don’t know the fix

I asked them why there isn't an under tray fitted and was told new transporters don't come with them, you have make one yourself.

I have asked for the sensor's back and I'll repair the wires and keep for spares

I've been quoted roughly the same at an Independent dealer in Leeds, but with no guarantee of fixing the issue. Seriously frustrated with this!

I've got this same error at moment, only happens when you accelerate hard. Need to see if the garage can sort it or i do it myself.

Back