Glow plug light flashing

Jimbob2

Got an issue with glow plug light flashing. Showing fault code p200600 intake manifold runner control bank 1 stuck open. Garage said they have contacted vw and they are working on a software clear. The t6 is a may 2019 high line 150 Bhp. This is the second time this fault has occurred. The van has now done 1250 miles only. Has anyone experienced this.

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
Got an issue with glow plug light flashing. Showing fault code p200600 intake manifold runner control bank 1 stuck open. Garage said they have contacted vw and they are working on a software clear. The t6 is a may 2019 high line 150 Bhp. This is the second time this fault has occurred. The van has now done 1250 miles only. Has anyone experienced this.
Just joined the forum for the exact same thing mate!

Mines 59 plate 4 k miles and had the same light come on and cause it to go into limp mode.

Did you get any explanation on yours?

Check the manifold flap actuator and arm is not broken and check the vacuum pipe for the actuator.

I had this on mine and why I got it at a good price, check the engine bay fuse box near the battery, there’s a fuse in there a 15amp one which is for the emission control/ egr, found corrosion on the terminal and it was also loose. Causing the glow plug light to flash then bring the mil lamp one

I had this on mine and why I got it at a good price, check the engine bay fuse box near the battery, there’s a fuse in there a 15amp one which is for the emission control/ egr, found corrosion on the terminal and it was also loose. Causing the glow plug light to flash then bring the mil lamp one
That seems simple enough to check, I’ll take a look! Thanks.
I’m not mechanically minded in the slightest so I’m very limited with what I can check.

Oh yeah they should do make use of the warranty

So Vw have been out and said it was the fuel pressure sensor and luckily had one on board,changed it there and then.
I Have to say it’s been a great service, fair play Vdubz ,that’s why I love ya

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah do play up not a bad shout to change your fuel filter though my pet hate is techs that are very diagnostic lead, just cause that's the fault code does not mean it's that , all sensors are looking for set parameters

It's happened to mine.
VW Assist chap said there is a VW advisory on this fault with three manifold and he indicated it would need a new one. He'd arranged for recovery within 5-mins.
At the garage now but no idea when they will get to it.
Thank goodness for extended warranty and impressed by VW Assist.

Hi Jimbob2, my glow plug lights flashing on and off aswell, management lights on, my vans only done 910miles, VW getting a call tomorrow

Back