Glovebox Light Power Supply

Jason Tapp

VIP Member
Having purchased a glovebox light kit, switch etc.

Where can I get a power supply from?

Dropped the glovebox to reveal five mutliplugs, have found a feed that produces 12v when interior lights come on, but need a constant supply. An ignition switch would be better, but don’t think that likely from what I have read on here.

Thanks

I used the grey/blue cable that runs through all the dash switches to power mine, only works when lights are on then

I got mine from Vag-Shop.co.uk, however followed Pauly advice for wiring, there are no fitting instructions in the kit. However I was able to get some on request, but those offered for me would have meant putting in an additional fuse (in my personal opinion). With joining to the grey/blue cable, the glove box light does dim with the other dashboard lights, which isn't quite how a glovebox light usually works, but as I'm using a bright LED bulb not a problem. Also the benefit that you can't leave it on by mistake by not quite shutting the glovebox completely.

I got mine from Vag-Shop.co.uk, however followed Pauly advice for wiring, there are no fitting instructions in the kit. However I was able to get some on request, but those offered for me would have meant putting in an additional fuse (in my personal opinion). With joining to the grey/blue cable, the glove box light does dim with the other dashboard lights, which isn't quite how a glovebox light usually works, but as I'm using a bright LED bulb not a problem. Also the benefit that you can't leave it on by mistake by not quite shutting the glovebox completely.

Wanting to connect the light to a continuous power supply where is it advisable to take the wire? (or rather, stock / factory volkswagen how do you connect the power supply for the glove box?)

Back